Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Now a Great Cup Holder for the S and X designed by an S owner.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I said in my original post above there were a few details I was not happy about. So I spray painted it with satin black to reduce the gloss, removed the glossy carbon fiber wrap (the grain of which was in the wrong direction) and was coming loose around the edges before it was even installed, and added real carbon fiber veneer in its place. I think it's a big improvement and at least I'm now satisfied enough to have it my car. Here are a few photos of the final results. BTW, that's the remote for the front lighted T in the slot -- held in pace with Velcro or it would slide around all the time and be very annoying.

DSC_7212.jpg

DSC_7216.jpg

What website are you using on the browser?

As I said in my original post above there were a few details I was not happy about. So I spray painted it with satin black to reduce the gloss, removed the glossy carbon fiber wrap (the grain of which was in the wrong direction) and was coming loose around the edges before it was even installed, and added real carbon fiber veneer in its place. I think it's a big improvement and at least I'm now satisfied enough to have it my car. Here are a few photos of the final results. BTW, that's the remote for the front lighted T in the slot -- held in pace with Velcro or it would slide around all the time and be very annoying.

DSC_7212.jpg

DSC_7216.jpg
Artsci
Please tell us about your nice looking wrap you applied to the cup holder.

Artsci,
Please tell us about the wrap you put on the cup holder.

DSC_7212.jpg

DSC_7216.jpg

I've had the front cup holders for a short while but we just took our first road trip with two people in the front seats with at least two drinks each and found them very helpful since the driver could still use the arm rest. Access to the car's phone holder area is a little awkward and we did not find much need (yet) for the extra storage space in the holder so a cup holder only version that does not extend as far over the native console may be a better fit for us.

Reactions: GJ79
I've had the front cup holders for a short while but we just took our first road trip with two people in the front seats with at least two drinks each and found them very helpful since the driver could still use the arm rest. Access to the car's phone holder area is a little awkward and we did not find much need (yet) for the extra storage space in the holder so a cup holder only version that does not extend as far over the native console may be a better fit for us.

Thank you I'm glad it worked as a cup holder for you .We hope you will find the cell slot useful sometime soon. Some like to keep a stack of post it and a pencil in the slot. I like to keep change in the cup holders under the arm rest..

2 weeks in and I love my cupholder. Dave also sent me a new wrap but I have to say I don't like the wraps at all. First the wrap doesn't hold up to the Florida heat and bubbles all over. Second it soaks in liquid. Spilled a drop of coffee and it stains it. I wish they would create a version of this cup holder with a nice matte plain finish.

2 weeks in and I love my cupholder. Dave also sent me a new wrap but I have to say I don't like the wraps at all. First the wrap doesn't hold up to the Florida heat and bubbles all over. Second it soaks in liquid. Spilled a drop of coffee and it stains it. I wish they would create a version of this cup holder with a nice matte plain finish.
Please e mail me Photos of the stains. We tested this wrap applied to the outside of the car and went though car washes and it worked ??we will keep trying.

[email protected]

Please e mail me Photos of the stains. We tested this wrap applied to the outside of the car and went though car washes and it worked ??we will keep trying.

[email protected]

It think the problem is where the wrap is cut. Any spills are seeping underneath the wrap surface. I'll keep using it without the wrap so no worries. I love the product. Might actually get the rear holders as well once you guys have done some more testing with the velcro....

Received my holder yesterday, I too would like to add the wrap as soon as it is available, the plastic def. clashes with the Obeche wood, especially sticking out so much. I do really like it regardless.

The sizes, and cell slot are great.

Thanks

I am buying today! What a relief! This was one of my nagging complaints.
Could you come up with a good front windshield shade that could be "locked" in place?
Could you come up with a thin heat conducting spray shield to protect the hot metal door handles?