Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now Available in Tesla Shop: OEM Model S/3/Y Pet Liner $145

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take it from someone who has purchased many cheaper versions that are not quite right: $145 is a pretty good deal for the seat cover (hammock style) and tailored door protectors. I just wish I hadn't already spent around that much trying out cheapo versions. It's also too bad that there are no zipper splits for putting the seats down. Actually, looking at it a little more, it seems to be a microfiber style fabric? My dogs' short hair would fuse to that like glue.

phayze one: HAHA! Note the fur around the dogs paws, and that fur came from a single photo shoot. After a long drive...yikes! I agree with you that the fur left behind would be a royal pain.

This looks like a well designed pet liner, especially where it covers the doors. It is expensive, though. I lucked out with a cover from Costco, 3 years ago, that functions perfectly, for $40, IIRC. The fabric is smooth, so fur easily brushes off.

Reactions: BitJam
I bought this one from Amazon for $45 and it works great. Bo doesn't look too happy because this was his first time in it... :cool: There is a micro-fiber like covering on the bottom to help it grip the seat and keep it from sliding around.

Attachments

• IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,164
I literally ripped the tag off of my Tesmanian cover just before seeing this for sale yesterday.

I still went ahead and ordered because I like the carrying case and mainly the door covers. I also figure that if it damages the white seats (main thing I was worried about with all other covers), I may have a case with Tesla since it would be from their own product.

Reactions: BitJam and 101dals
I literally ripped the tag off of my Tesmanian cover just before seeing this for sale yesterday.

I still went ahead and ordered because I like the carrying case and mainly the door covers. I also figure that if it damages the white seats (main thing I was worried about with all other covers), I may have a case with Tesla since it would be from their own product.
Can you post if the Tesla branded one has the rubber non skid bumps on the back? I think that is what scuffed up my white seats on the Orvis one. Nothing that I can do about it now. :(

Seems risky. It only protects against "accidental slobber", not intentional.

Model S/3/Y Pet Liner is made from a breathable quilted fleece material, creating maximum comfort for your pet during car rides or while relaxing in Dog Mode. Designed exclusively for the second row of Model S, Model 3 and Model Y, the three-piece set features a durable water-resistant hammock-style liner and two door protectors to safeguard against paws, dirt, pet hair and any accidental slobber.

The pet liner arrived today (Sunday delivery). I haven't installed it yet. The hammock has the little black dots that go directly on your seats to stop slipping. I hope they don't discolor white seats. The door protectors are held up by 3 plastic tabs that go into the window slot. They come with this fine print warning:

Not suitable for use with aftermarket window tinting. This product may scratch window films.

The hammock does have mesh for the central console climate control! The bottom and back have thin nap microfiber on top of nylon fabric. There are slits for seat belts. The central slits are closed with Velcro and look sturdy but the ones on the sides are not. They just have an elastic band suggesting the slit stay closed. I may put an old pet liner underneath it protect the car where the slits are.

The head rest loops are fixed length. No elastic and no adjustment.

FWIW, here is the interesting side of the instruction sheet:
pet-liner-2.jpg

There is a more detailed review here.

The pet liner arrived today (Sunday delivery). I haven't installed it yet. The hammock has the little black dots that go directly on your seats to stop slipping. I hope they don't discolor white seats. The door protectors are held up by 3 plastic tabs that go into the window slot. They come with this fine print warning:

Not suitable for use with aftermarket window tinting. This product may scratch window films.

The hammock does have mesh for the central console climate control! The bottom and back have thin nap microfiber on top of nylon fabric. There are slits for seat belts. The central slits are closed with Velcro and look sturdy but the ones on the sides are not. They just have an elastic band suggesting the slit stay closed. I may put an old pet liner underneath it protect the car where the slits are.

The head rest loops are fixed length. No elastic and no adjustment.

FWIW, here is the interesting side of the instruction sheet:
View attachment 719882

There is a more detailed review here.
Well, I guess if Tesla sells it and the little non slip dots damage your white seats, then Tesla should fix it. Then again, they are still selling the tire chains that shred the Induction rims and claiming it is not Tesla's responsibility.

Hopefully, the Tesla dog liner plays nicer with the white seats than the Orvis dog cover that I have.....

Do you think it is worth it to ceramic coat the seats before installation?

Reactions: CrownDad
Do you think it is worth it to ceramic coat the seats before installation?
YMMVG but after watching many YT videos it seems to me the interior ceramic coatings don't do anything useful. I've seen no evidence that they help. Cleaning the seats seems to be the same with or without ceramic coating. Ideally someone will coat just one seat or half a seat so we can see a true side by side comparison.

I think getting a white non-slip rug pad might work well. It's certainly cheaper and easier than a ceramic coat. OTOH some people have complained about these rug pads leaving a residue on the floor.

My big concern is the ill fitting door protectors. They seem to be mostly useless for a Model Y. My next biggest concern is the floor of the dog hammock lifts up when you move the driver seat or passenger seat forward a lot.

They look like they cover 95% of the door, “mostly useless” seems like a stretch….
The dam spans 95% of the river valley! Our static defenses cover 95% of the border! Half of the door and most of the seat are undamaged!

My 85 lb Border Collie, Great Pyrenees mix is tough on those unprotected corners. The door protector is only held on at the window sill so it's bound to be pushed out of the way letting even more of the door get damaged. YMMVG but for me and my dog those door protectors are mostly useless unless I use a second pet liner to protect the corners and to keep the Tesla door protectors and hammock from getting under-mined.

The dam spans 95% of the river valley! Our static defenses cover 95% of the border! Half of the door and most of the seat are undamaged!

My 85 lb Border Collie, Great Pyrenees mix is tough on those unprotected corners. The door protector is only held on at the window sill so it's bound to be pushed out of the way letting even more of the door get damaged. YMMVG but for me and my dog those door protectors are mostly useless unless I use a second pet liner to protect the corners and to keep the Tesla door protectors and hammock from getting under-mined.
I get your 95% analogies but I still disagree. I also have a Pyr so I do understand the mess. Anyways, not here to argue… carry on

• Funny
Reactions: calidreamz808