Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now Available in Tesla Shop: OEM Model S/3/Y Pet Liner $145

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7BCD8971-EAFE-4CF8-9EEC-85D1DB62EFC6.jpeg

Just got mine in today! Seems like some of the pieces the poster above tucked i. Should be left out. This gives some more coverage on the door. You also clip the door covers in, so if too far over you will leave some more of the door exposed.

For those concerned about the door cover clips with tint, dont be. I have ceramic tint and the clips are soft enough and flexible enough that they don’t scratch the tint. We will see over time, but i tried putting the windows up and down and saw no damage.

Very happy with this cover, will test it with the pups this week

Mine just arrived. Overall really happy with it, since the fit is perfect. Big improvement over the $40 one I've been using from amazon (it finally wore out after a couple good years of use).

One minor annoyance regarding the door protectors: even if you fully insert the clips while the door is open, the clips will come out partially once you close the door and the window closes fully (ie. the window going up dislodges the clips). Only worth mentioning because the instructions specifically point out that the "partially out" clips are incorrect. The remedy is to reach back and push the clips down from inside the vehicle. Not a big deal, but would be nice if the design accounted for the frameless windows having to roll up upon close.

Is this everyone else's experience as well, or am I maybe inserting the clips incorrectly?

Reactions: Koolio46
Mine just arrived. Overall really happy with it, since the fit is perfect. Big improvement over the $40 one I've been using from amazon (it finally wore out after a couple good years of use).

One minor annoyance regarding the door protectors: even if you fully insert the clips while the door is open, the clips will come out partially once you close the door and the window closes fully (ie. the window going up dislodges the clips). Only worth mentioning because the instructions specifically point out that the "partially out" clips are incorrect. The remedy is to reach back and push the clips down from inside the vehicle. Not a big deal, but would be nice if the design accounted for the frameless windows having to roll up upon close.

Is this everyone else's experience as well, or am I maybe inserting the clips incorrectly?
My clips stayed in with the window going up and down. They only came out when i first installed and didnt have them pushed in all the way

Gave the mutts their first ride in the Tesla today and the cover was great. Ill get over the slobber on my windows soon

View attachment 721035
Just got mine in today! Seems like some of the pieces the poster above tucked i. Should be left out. This gives some more coverage on the door. You also clip the door covers in, so if too far over you will leave some more of the door exposed.

For those concerned about the door cover clips with tint, dont be. I have ceramic tint and the clips are soft enough and flexible enough that they don’t scratch the tint. We will see over time, but i tried putting the windows up and down and saw no damage.

Just received mine waiting for the new cermic tint to cure. Hoping you are right haha was debating to send these back.

View attachment 721035

That’s great to hear you don’t think the door covers will scratch the windows. This is my main concern (no tint).

The other concern is the slit near the ends, it’ll let dirt get through to the seat.

I’m still debating on whether to get this since it’s a lot more than my $30 Amazon one (which is wearing out), but am tempted after hearing all of your positive reviews.

That’s great to hear you don’t think the door covers will scratch the windows. This is my main concern (no tint).

The other concern is the slit near the ends, it’ll let dirt get through to the seat.

I’m still debating on whether to get this since it’s a lot more than my $30 Amazon one (which is wearing out), but am tempted after hearing all of your positive reviews.
With no tint i definitely wouldnt be concerned. The clips are soft and flexible enough

I actually have a small scratch on my drivers side front window on the outside and have no idea how it happened

I wouldnt be concerned with the slit either. At worst you have a small area to wipe with a baby wipe

Attachments

• 8EC450AA-1D13-4094-836B-9EBB3BF1DD7F.jpeg
    8EC450AA-1D13-4094-836B-9EBB3BF1DD7F.jpeg
    419.6 KB · Views: 222
My clips stayed in with the window going up and down. They only came out when i first installed and didnt have them pushed in all the way

Gave the mutts their first ride in the Tesla today and the cover was great. Ill get over the slobber on my windows soon
Yours stay fully inserted once the window goes up, as in, you can’t see the clips at all from outside the vehicle?

Thanks for you reply! May I ask why you need additional protection for the doors?
The doors aren't fully covered on the Model Y. Likewise, the edges of the seats near the doors are easily exposed because there is nothing holding the liner down. So I added a 2nd liner that has closed off ends. Since we don't have grab handles I use bungee cords (between the head rests) and zip ties to keep the ends of the 2nd liner up. To let my dog out I unzip one edge and then unhook one side of the bungee cord. There is about a 6" gap between the bungee cord and the door but this does not deter my dog. If I leave a window all the way down then he has both front paws/legs out the window.

If your dog is small or rather docile and not jumping around like a kid on Red Bull then the 2nd liner may not be needed. The combination of the two works well for me. I've had a previous liner rip near the velcroed slit that provides access to the seat belts.

• Informative
Reactions: DVM3P
The doors aren't fully covered on the Model Y. Likewise, the edges of the seats near the doors are easily exposed because there is nothing holding the liner down. So I added a 2nd liner that has closed off ends. Since we don't have grab handles I use bungee cords (between the head rests) and zip ties to keep the ends of the 2nd liner up. To let my dog out I unzip one edge and then unhook one side of the bungee cord. There is about a 6" gap between the bungee cord and the door but this does not deter my dog. If I leave a window all the way down then he has both front paws/legs out the window.

If your dog is small or rather docile and not jumping around like a kid on Red Bull then the 2nd liner may not be needed. The combination of the two works well for me. I've had a previous liner rip near the velcroed slit that provides access to the seat belts.
Thanks again. I have 2 small dogs so I'll see how it goes with just the Tesla liner. Really relieved it doesn't stain the seats like some 3rd party ones do.

Reactions: BitJam
With no tint i definitely wouldnt be concerned. The clips are soft and flexible enough

I actually have a small scratch on my drivers side front window on the outside and have no idea how it happened

I wouldnt be concerned with the slit either. At worst you have a small area to wipe with a baby wipe
Just got my pet loner today. Wanted to follow up to see if the door covers scratched your windows? I’m guessing not but thought I’d ask again. 🙂

View attachment 721035

View attachment 721035

Hi Crowndad.. I see you have a white interior. Does the Tesla Pet liner bleed / stain the seats at all?

View attachment 721035

How is this holding up? How is the tint?

Reactions: TBrownTX