Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now Hiring - We need an Apple guru/genius, with a passion for IoT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the official job posting: CITO / Senior Technology Advisor (Office of the CEO) | Solera

But I wanted to reach out to this community as, well, there's a lot of nerds :)

The real story here is that we have an immediate need for someone that can support our CEO and Office of the CEO with all things related to new and emerging technologies in terms of IoT. This person also needs to know Apple products (IOS & OSX) inside and out. The entire team mostly uses Apple devices, but being an enterprise organisation, most of of technologies and support skills are in the Wintel world. That's changing, we are device agnostic, but blending the Windows and Mac worlds presents challenges. We need someone with as passport, a passion for new technology, and the ability to travel at very short notice. We have very strong principles, notably the 3 H's (Humble, Hungry, Hunting); all of those apply to this role, but humility is a very big part. This person will be shadowing our CEO, which makes it a very demanding role, and it's not for the faint hearted. Despite the job description, it's not a CTO role, but it's certainly a springboard to something like that.

We think the ideal candidate is/was an Apple Genius, has few commitments, a real passion for new technology, and able to work under extreme pressure.

If interested, or you know anyone, please reach out to me via PM and I can provide more details.

Further to this, we have another need in the same team, this time for an Apple "genius". This would need to be someone very, very familiar with Apple products, obviously MAC and IOS (which includes TV, Airplay Airport and related technologies), but also how they work in a predominantly Microsoft enterprise environment. This likely means imaging/deployment via a tool like Casper. As with the role above, they'd likely have a lot of CEO face-time, which means they'd need to be comfortable in a high-energy environment. Most importantly, they just need a really deep knowledge of Apple products past and present, so they can talk with authority when it comes to explaining the mysterious ways of Apple. It seems to us that an ex Apple Genius would be a strong candidate. They'd be part of the Desktop support team, so would have other responsibilities supporting the End Users. Based mostly at the Corporate office in Westlake, Tx, but with the need to travel, mostly domestic (and mostly to our company retreat in WY), but possibly some international. Ideally this would be a contract to hire, to give both sides the change to feel out the role, but we're flexible.

As always, PM me if you're interested.

Here's the official job posting: CITO / Senior Technology Advisor (Office of the CEO) | Solera

But I wanted to reach out to this community as, well, there's a lot of nerds :)

The real story here is that we have an immediate need for someone that can support our CEO and Office of the CEO with all things related to new and emerging technologies in terms of IoT. This person also needs to know Apple products (IOS & OSX) inside and out. The entire team mostly uses Apple devices, but being an enterprise organisation, most of of technologies and support skills are in the Wintel world. That's changing, we are device agnostic, but blending the Windows and Mac worlds presents challenges. We need someone with as passport, a passion for new technology, and the ability to travel at very short notice. We have very strong principles, notably the 3 H's (Humble, Hungry, Hunting); all of those apply to this role, but humility is a very big part. This person will be shadowing our CEO, which makes it a very demanding role, and it's not for the faint hearted. Despite the job description, it's not a CTO role, but it's certainly a springboard to something like that.

We think the ideal candidate is/was an Apple Genius, has few commitments, a real passion for new technology, and able to work under extreme pressure.

If interested, or you know anyone, please reach out to me via PM and I can provide more details.

Damn, I'm an experienced technologist, but I have no idea what this job is! :)