Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now I know how the Roadster owners must have felt...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that "Y" as in "Yugo" -- the ultra small, cheap EV for people that can't afford the Model 3?
I would expect the 'Y' to stand for [YANKEE], as in the NATO Phonetic Alphabet. And with that designation, it would probably be the pickup truck (hopefully within the next seven years)! If there is ever a subcompact Tesla Motors product to compete with Golf, Civic, Corolla, Elantra, Focus, etc... I believe that would be about ten years from now -- and by then, 'cheap' cars will be $30,000. ;-)

And soon the Model S owners will look down at the Model X owners and treat them as second class "late comers" (unless they mention their previous Roadster / Model S ownership in their signature)...
History repeats itself. It's just like the immigration discussion. Each group looking down at the group that comes after them...

Just to clarify my original statement, I didn't intend it in any derogatory fashion -- just that there's now going to be a flood of new people asking the same questions, and coming up with the same solutions that the Model S and Roadster folks did before them -- all the while thinking that their question, problem, or solution has never been asked/stated or solved before. Not that I've been here all that long (about 1.5 years now), but I can just see since the Model X is so similar to the Model S, that these new owner/members are going to have many of the same issues and ideas which have been solved and created long before they came along!

Just to clarify my original statement, I didn't intend it in any derogatory fashion -- just that there's now going to be a flood of new people asking the same questions, and coming up with the same solutions that the Model S and Roadster folks did before them -- all the while thinking that their question, problem, or solution has never been asked/stated or solved before. Not that I've been here all that long (about 1.5 years now), but I can just see since the Model X is so similar to the Model S, that these new owner/members are going to have many of the same issues and ideas which have been solved and created long before they came along!

Yep :). And just like early Roadster owners did for me when I first joined the Roadster community, and we did for Model S Sigs, who passed on their knowledge to the rest of the Model S buyers ... you're on deck! Have fun :)

Personally, I am :biggrin:THRILLED:biggrin: for the X reservation holders who have waited somewhat patiently for so long. I remember the 18 month wait for my S (back in the day), and there's no greater automotive reward.
As for the forum getting over-run, well... that already happened twice: roadster--->S--->SD. Way of the world. I'll be mainstream again in March when I plunk down for a couple of 3s. Too many houses, need a lot of cars!