Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now is official FSD purchase includes HW3 computer.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twitter

Life is full of gambling, if ppl all know 2600cad includes a new computer. There is no brain not to buy it. How much a laptop computer will be?

Don’t say that I don’t need FSD and it won’t be in Canada for a while. Current EAP features will be running lots better on HW3 computer.
I always knew it would include it because he tweeted it before and his twitter acts as behalf of Tesla.

Some people still didn’t believe it and said stuff like I want it in writing amongst other dumb things. You guys have any idea how much legal trouble Tesla would be if they didn’t follow through?

Twitter

Life is full of gambling, if ppl all know 2600cad includes a new computer. There is no brain not to buy it. How much a laptop computer will be?

Don’t say that I don’t need FSD and it won’t be in Canada for a while. Current EAP features will be running lots better on HW3 computer.
I'm pretty sure that your statement "Current EAP features will be running lots better on HW3" is incorrect. This is a dedicated computer not a general purpose computer. If I'm not mistaken, the differential is the coprocessor which isn't used in EAP.

I'm pretty sure that your statement "Current EAP features will be running lots better on HW3" is incorrect. This is a dedicated computer not a general purpose computer. If I'm not mistaken, the differential is the coprocessor which isn't used in EAP.
Technically it can/will be better. Elon also tweeted it doesn’t make sense to retrofit the computers right now because the software is optimized to work with 2.5. He said it’s actually inefficient to put HW3 in right now. He said once the software optimizes HW3 properly that’s when appointments to change to HW3 will start rolling out.

In Theory , yes. The neural network computer could recognize 4000 objects which is more than 10x current computer. If current EAP software could utilize enhanced capabilities to act better, the answer is no for the moment.

But after HW3 is released, the software will eventually utilize enhanced capabilities to improve current EAP for sure. This could take time but will get there.

With a MSc in computer science, and had been doing research on neural network, I know what I am talking about.