Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now or Later

Now or Later

• Pick up the car and don’t look back

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Defer pickup for 2 weeks

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just sold my car and am ready to pickup my LRAWD. The car I matched with has the old console. Do I wait for a couple weeks and hope that the new car will have the updated console and there may be end of the quarter perks or should we accept the car and get a console wrap?

I just sold my car and am ready to pickup my LRAWD. The car I matched with has the old console. Do I wait for a couple weeks and hope that the new car will have the updated console and there may be end of the quarter perks or should we accept the car and get a console wrap?
I actually like the old style console more, it's far more classy in how it works and looks (even if you cover it with a film or brushed metal vinyl)

All of the highly anticipated Model Y enhancements (except air suspension) should be on either the Long Range or Performance Model Y built after the first week of February. These updates including the heated steering wheel, center console (but not the wood trim insert on the front doors.) The projector headlights, for the present, only appear on the Performance Model Y. The slightly larger 82kWh versus original Long Range 78kWH battery pack is, for now, is only on the Performance Model Y.

• Informative
Reactions: AprilMay

Take a look at both the old and new consoles. You may very well like the "old" one better. No need to wait just so you can have the "new" one. As for waiting for perks you're not even aware of, don't get caught up in that vicious cycle. You will never get a car if you keep waiting. It's not like at some point there will be nothing new that will be rumored or introduced.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
All of the highly anticipated Model Y enhancements (except air suspension) should be on either the Long Range or Performance Model Y built after the first week of February. These updates including the heated steering wheel, center console (but not the wood trim insert on the front doors.) The projector headlights, for the present, only appear on the Performance Model Y. The slightly larger 82kWh versus original Long Range 78kWH battery pack is, for now, is only on the Performance Model Y.
I still can't figure out the benefit to projector LED headlights. Normal LED headlights seem great from many different companies, including Tesla. I thought projectors were mainly to cut glare down with a hard cut off, and with LED you could control that far better because of how the LED lights could be designed compared to just one bright filament inside a reflector housing.

I still can't figure out the benefit to projector LED headlights. Normal LED headlights seem great from many different companies, including Tesla. I thought projectors were mainly to cut glare down with a hard cut off, and with LED you could control that far better because of how the LED lights could be designed compared to just one bright filament inside a reflector housing.
In the US, due to US regulations, the projector headlights cannot yet fully function as originally designed. In Canada and Europe Tesla is able to program the beam pattern and width of the projector headlights depending on speed and other factors. Without additional programming the beam pattern of the projector headlights is more evenly spread, less concentrated at the center of the beam pattern than the current LED design.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
i would wait for $7000 tax credit...
although the current version of bill will cover all sale in 2021, but why not play it safe and wait a few week
to ensure $7000 discount ;) !!!

What’s your source on this? The 2021 version includes the following language:

(1) IN GENERAL.—In the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle sold after the date of the enactment of the GREEN Act of 2021—

Text - H.R.848 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): GREEN Act of 2021

There has never been a current version of the bill that covers all sales in 2021, only from enactment. And the way things work it will likely either be a July 1, 2021 enactment or Jan 1, 2022 depending on when it passes. Can you imagine the IRS nightmare if it was enacted on May 21, 2021? Checking delivery dates to the day and not just a second half type thing?

As far as voting, it can pass with a simple majority but you need 60 to invoke cloture and avoid filibuster. There is a chance that a simple majority could pass if the Republicans decide it isn’t worth filibustering.