Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great, I'll contact David today and let him know we have enough interests to get this build started. I'll confirm the payment/address and other info and get back to you all.

So the last time when we were in this stage David wanted to know if you wanted to also purchase the CarboTech brake pads with the order. He was able to get a group buy discount which was about as good as what the lowest sale price I bought my pads. He'll accept payment via USPS mail and check or paypal.

Info to send David with payment would be:
1) Name
2) Mailing / Delivery Address
3) Phone / Contact Number
4) Email Address
5) Would you like CarboTech brake pads? [Yes/No] If Yes, AX6 or BobCat 1521 compound.

Here's the response on payment/address from David:
---------------------
For payment use:
Checks are my preference, make out to:
Cedar Ridge Fabrication

Note rotors AND pads or rotors only, Include: e-mail, shipping address, phone number for contact if their are issues and shipping

Send to
Cedar Ridge Fabrication
15707 NW McNamee Road
Portland OR 97231 USA

For PayPal, add 3% to cover fees, use '[email protected]' for the account.
In note section: Note rotors AND pads or rotors only, Include: e-mail, shipping address, phone number for contact if their are issues and shipping

I will get a goggle doc going to track payments so we can all see where things are with progress and as soon as I have payment for 20 I will get parts ordered.

You can tell people this would be a good time to get spare friction discs if they want to have them on the shelf, with the coating they should be able to be stored forever! Have a great day!

Dave Levy
Ti Cycles Fabrication (Bicycle stuff)
Cedar Ridge Fabrication (Car stuff)
15707 NW McNamee Road
Portland OR 97231 USA
503-621-9670 | Ti Cycles :: Hand Made in Portland, Oregon USA
Ti Cycles Fabrication | Facebook

---------------------

Correct, 20 is the minimum quantity in order to get the rotor build going for the price David quoted and is honoring. I also believe its close for the minimum quantity needed for the dual metal treatment which David outsources and ships friction discs to after they're made. Any less and the price starts to climb for either job. There's no maximum limit, but once he receives payment for at least 20 and begins the build I'd say that's safe to say where the cut-off time is to get in on the group buy.

@wiztecy, Thanks for shepherding the Roadster brake group buy!
Wanted to confirm the pricing w/ Pads - IIRC $1915 (is that all in, including tax, shipping, etc.)

Do you have access to the emails of those who signed up over the last 6 months, maybe a good time for a blast to re-confirm interest.
Thanks again!!

Jason has the Google Doc that holds the emails. I agree it would be good to send a group email out with the payment / mailing address, etc to those who showed interest.

Here's the pricing:
---------
Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

Prices will be the same as last year....
Set of 4 rotors, $1595.
Carbotech Bobcat pads cost is $320.
Friction discs only $1195(replacement set)
Rotors only $1595
Rotors and pads $1915
---------

*Note that these prices do not include shipping. David calculates shipping and sends out the invoice a week or two before he gets ready to ship them out. This is so he can get the weights / pricing for shipment correct. Its nothing too crazy if I recall.

• Informative
Reactions: RobsJester
Hi Everyone,
This is Dave, the guy who is making the rotor sets for your cars. At this time all folks who have signed up for the GB should have received an e-mail requesting information on your order and request to make payment along with a couple of payment options. At this time 2 of the members who have committed to the GB have backed out so we are at 18 sets of rotors as long as no one else chooses to not stand up to their commitment.

Mookhead, it would be great to get you on board with the GB, anyone else who is interested, this is the time to get on the list and buy a set. My plan is to only make the sets that are ordered and I can not start the order process till I have payments since most of this is pre-paid to get the ball rolling...the sooner I have payments, the sooner all of you have rotors for your cars!

Thank,
Dave

Roadster is at the service center right now - I've asked them to assess the rotors.
Still trying to decide if you are serious or not. Did you really ask the s center to assess the rotors? Here's how that conversation will go:

YOU: Will you assess my rotors?

SERVICE ADVISER: Your rotors have minimal wear and there's nothing seriously wrong with them. We don't recommend replacing them unless you replace your pads. Don't worry about all that rust and pitting.

YOU: Whew! I'm glad to know I don't need to replace them right now.

===============================================================

Here's how the conversation SHOULD go:

YOU: Will you assess my rotors?

SERVICE ADVISER: Your rotors have minimal wear but they have some serious short comings that will make it a lot harder to stop the car in some situations.

YOU: Woah! What do you mean by that?

SERVICE ADVISER: To start with, can you see how rusty they are after we washed your car? The next time you step on the brakes, stopping will be delayed by the time it takes the pads to scrape all the rust off the rotors. You don't use the brakes very often on this car, so the pads get loaded up with a lot of rust which reduces their effectiveness even after the rust is off the rotors.

YOU: Seriously, it could reduce my braking ability?

SERVICE ADVISER: Not only that, but your existing OEM rotors reduce your performance in other ways. For example, if the rotors were a lot lighter you could accelerate faster and stop faster. The best way to make them lighter is with custom aluminum hats and slightly thinner friction discs. It's the old un-sprung weight advantage.

YOU: Wow thanks for the tip! But won't custom rotors get just as rusty?

SERVICE ADVISER: Not the kind that are treated with a special coating developed for the Chevy Volt that don't rust nearly as easily. In addition, the hats are nichol plated so they don't rust and look unsightly like the iron hats you have now. You can get the custom rotors I'm talking about from Cedar Ridge Fabrication with a group buy on TeslaMotorsClub.

YOU: Wow! Thank you so much for assessing my rotors!

Just got back from a long Labor Day weekend in Napa. I am jealous of all you Californians. What a wonderful state you have! It would have been lovely to have the Roadster up there, but it's hard to beat that short 2-hour flight from PHX to SFO. In any case, I'm just getting caught up on this.

Thanks, Dave, for providing your contact information. RE: payment, it looks like we have 18, right? Do we still need 2 more? I still want these, but I have to admit I spent a little too much on wine this weekend in Napa, so if 20 is the still the magic number, I'd prefer to hold off until we have a firm 20 before I submit my payment. On the other hand, if we're good to go with 18 orders paid in full, I'll go ahead and submit payment now. Can someone please advise?