TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by wiztecy, Jan 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

Thanks for the pics, I love seeing a dirty car! Shows it's being used in real weather conditions.

2. DrComputer

DrComputer Active Member

So how do we get these 3M sticky pads? Is there a specific part we can just order online? My Carbotech pads have rattled forever with any amount of red brake quiet glue.

3. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Nice work Stefan! I too have a dirty car. Living in VT I wash it almost every day. Seeing yours I don't feel so bad! Your new rotors won't get so rusty now.

• Funny x 1
  4. Stefan T

Stefan T Member

It's hoples wash car in my area, the farmers driving there tractors on road with dirty wheels, same every spring.
    And little rain and the car dirty like hell

5. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

LOL my neighbor was spreading manure on all the fields up and down my road today. You can imagine all the sh!t on my car! But my rotors still look like new!

6. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

I have them in stock, you can PP me $12 at [email protected] and I'll send you a set. Note you need brake adhesive for Tesla Roadster.

7. ibcs

ibcs Member

Got my new rotors and brakes installed on Friday. I’m very impressed with the dry stopping ability. Can’t wait to try out with wet brakes as that is when I had the most trouble on the standard brakes.

Thank you for all the great guides to installation as they really helped.

• Like x 1
  8. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

Awesome, you will find the brake will continue to improve as the pads bed. Enjoy and safe driving.

There are still a few sets of rotors in stock if anyone want them, no waiting!

9. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

Rotors & pads have been on our Roadster for about three months and quite a few miles. They have improved over time to be better than the stock ones especially in the rain!

Many thanks Dave for providing us with a safer vehicle!

• Like x 1
  10. Stefan T

Stefan T Member

The brakes a defentive better than before
    when i hit the brake the car stops better
    and it feels little qucker in accerlation too

• Like x 1
  11. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

OK, so finally got around to installing the new rotors and brake pads.
    The pads I got are the R6's. Broke them in on private road since actual instructions say to run a few laps on a track. They brake fine, even when cold (important for Roadster since I'm normally regen braking so the pads are cold when I need them the most).

However, they squeak.

I realize that's to be expected considering they're autocross pads, but thinking I should replace with GS-1s instead. Anyone done a side by side comparison? What would I give up in terms of feel or performance from the R-6s?

PS: Here's G-Loc's compound comparison page: Brake Compounds - G-LOC Brakes - G-LOC Brakes

12. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

I am down to the last set of rotors and pads form the batch we made this spring. PM me if you want to get a set with GS-1 pads, they are boxed and looking for a new home! Cost is $1965 for the set, prices are starting to creep on everything made out of metal in the US. I'm guessing the tariffs will bump the next batch of rotors by 25%...super drag.

13. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

All the rotor sets are gone and folks are asking for more...I have started a new thread for the next batch of rotors. Please post there if you want to get on the list...hope to have these in production 1st qrt. 2019 if I can get 20 folks in line.
    Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors, NEW batch for 2019
    Thanks for all the support and help making these cars safer and more fun.

• Like x 1
  14. bolosky

bolosky Member

My pads are wearing out, and I need to replace them. I got the Carbotech Bobcat 1521's. Are there different sizes that I need to worry about, or if I just order a set will they fit? What's a good online place to order them?

15. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

I have set of G-Loc GS-1 pads in stock with the front pad adhesive to prevent rattling. Full set is $320 and I can ship same day. [email protected]

16. GJVR

GJVR Member

Just to let you know that I have been using my set of these rotors for 2 months now and they are great! Much safer.

A car car is only as fast as it can brake...

• Like x 2
  17. titaniumdave

titaniumdave Member

Always glad to hear from another person who is enjoying the benefits! I have not been tracking my stock since we made extra sets this batch, we are now down to the last set of rotors. Please message or email ([email protected]) if you want to get a set without waiting. I'm so busy we won't have time to get another batch going till the fall at the earliest...meaning no new sets till 2020.

Thanks for all the support!
    Dave

18. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

I had really bad squeaking on my original installation, too. It drove me nuts. I just switched to the GS-1's. No noise at all!

Didn't drive it enough yet to do a comparison to the R-6's. I'm just so glad the awful squeaking is gone. The original installer did not let the Brake Quiet set in on the original pads and unfortunately they always sounded awful. I don't autocross or anything so I think the GS-1's will be just fine for my occasional around the town driving.

I'm going to give a big shout out to Gruber here in Phoenix that did the work. It was my first time using them and they fixed the issue. They seem to care about servicing Roadsters much more than Tesla. Here's a quick pic from their shop:

IMG_1122.jpeg

19. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Wow 7 Roadsters in one garage.

20. Logticom

Logticom Roadster Sport EU #243

Nice picture! I think i see 8 roadsters.