Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, it would be great fun if I can make #20 with my first post in here. I discovered this thread with great interest, as the original brakes are a big let down, and close to dangerous without the help of regeneration. I learned to accept it over the time, but no more! I can not afford to pass on this. Please sign me up for a complette set!

• Helpful
Reactions: ibcs
Hello, it would be great fun if I can make #20 with my first post in here. I discovered this thread with great interest, as the original brakes are a big let down, and close to dangerous without the help of regeneration. I learned to accept it over the time, but no more! I can not afford to pass on this. Please sign me up for a complette set!
Rune,
Thank you and welcome to the group buy! E-mails sent.

At this time we have 20 folks committed to the group buy and payments received from 11 of you. Thank you! I'm hoping we will have enough payments in place to get production started the first of next week so please send a check if you have not yet. If you need info for PayPal transfers or Bank Transfers please e-mail me and I can give you instructions and fee structures for those options. Most people have always opted for the check payment since it's the traditional way for fee free transfers and creates a convenient paper trail.
Dave
[email protected]

Reactions: nsxpert and ibcs
Thank you for all the interest. There are a number of folks form Europe that are getting involved with this Roadster rotor and pad group buy. We can accept international wire transfers and either ship directly to all countries or use a US agent/friend to forward the finished sets. Please let us know if you have questions.

Dave

Hello everyone. Parts are in process, my CNC guy who is making the aluminum hats says things are going well. Set ups worked better than last time and there will be few extra parts in the batch. That means I will end up with one or 2 more sets than I had planned! Please let me know if you have been waiting to get on board with a purchase but did not want to wait for the long lead times. I am still hoping to have these wrapped up as close to the first of the year as possible.

Thanks,
Dave
[email protected]

Things are moving forward. The aluminum hats are back from CNC, passed QC and have been sent out for E-nickel plating. The socket head cap screws have all been drilled for safety wire and are out getting plated, baked and final finishing. Friction discs are being cast and machined at this time.

At this time, only 15 of the 20 sets of rotors have been paid for. The 5 folks who have not paid have been sent 3 e-mails requesting payment and have not responded. At this time I am comfortable releasing these sets to other who would be interested buying sets and not have to wait fir the next batch. Please e-mail me if you would like to take advantage of this unique opportunity.

Dave
[email protected]

I randomly got a coupon code from THMotorsports (for Black Friday?) that is still valid in case anyone wants to order Carbotech AX6 brake pads. Promo code threeoffthm2temp will take about $8 off your order. If that doesn't work, just use promo code BlackFriday2017 and save a couple bucks.

Hi Folks,
Little update on production of the rotors.

The aluminum hats just arrived back from e-nickle plating and they look great! The drilled socket head fasteners arrived too and are ready for installation. The cast iron friction discs should be shipping this week to get the anti corrosion treatment.

I am placing the order for the brake pads on December 7th so that will be the last day you can get pads with the rotor sets. At this time there are still 3 sets of rotors that have not been paid for so I have extras that are available. Please e-mail if you would like to get this upgrade with out the long wait.

Dave
[email protected]

Just to close the loop, all brake pads have been ordered to match the rotor sets I have received payment on. I ordered one set each of the 2 G-Loc pads sets I have been offering since I have a couple set of rotors customers have backed out on purchases. Let me know if there are any folks still thinking about getting a set. The cast iron friction disks are supposed to be finished this week but I have not been contacted about arranging shipping so hopefully the next post will be about the rotors getting moved to finish treatment.