Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now standard with automatic rear liftgate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Spidy

Feb 7, 2015
EU
No longer part of the Premium Equipment Option.

Didn't see a post about this and since it is one of the main reasons many people got this option and is easy to overlook I thought it deserved its own post.

2017-04-17 14_48_10-Order a Tesla Model S _ Tesla.png

Yeah most people got the premium for the power liftgate. Now that's is is standard, I highly doubt anyone would pay $3500 for those upgrade. I hear the wiring for all those lighting is there. You just need the end part. I.e. LED handle can be achieved simply by buying the led handles and plugging in the power to them inside the door, which can be easily removed with some tools. Same goes with the LED interior lights.

I think going forward tesla will reduce the price of the premium package for the model s.

Yeah most people got the premium for the power liftgate. Now that's is is standard, I highly doubt anyone would pay $3500 for those upgrade. I hear the wiring for all those lighting is there. You just need the end part. I.e. LED handle can be achieved simply by buying the led handles and plugging in the power to them inside the door, which can be easily removed with some tools. Same goes with the LED interior lights.

I think going forward tesla will reduce the price of the premium package for the model s.

Wrong. I bought the premium package for the HEPA filter after reading the scientific literature of how damaging chronic pollution exposure is and how almost half your lifetime exposure is due to driving.

Wrong. I bought the premium package for the HEPA filter after reading the scientific literature of how damaging chronic pollution exposure is and how almost half your lifetime exposure is due to driving.

Have you used the HEPA filter option much. I have used it on just a few occasions as it is unbelievably loud and runs the fan at full speed to create the "positive pressure inside the cabin" I am not sure is you lower the fan speed, which I have done because of the noise, that it still has the positive pressure affect. Outside smells are gone but I am not sure about the rest.

Just curious about how you have used it?

I think the HEPA filter is always in use. The Bioweapon mode is only meant to create the positive air pressure, but I believe the normal air conditioning goes through the filter.

If that IS the case then YAY!!!!!! I would guess that means less dust and stuff in the cabin all the time. I keep my car sealed tight except for entering and leaving, which is why I went with the all glass roof and not sunroof.