Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now that a couple of weeks have passed ("AWD+" owners)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think its great, would have bought it again. Its pricy but a lot of fun :p

I wonder if tesla will raise or lower the price in the near future though. I live in Norway so its pretty wet and icy on the roads until april, so I dont get to floor it from 0-60 mph without spinning. But when i floor it from 60+ i feel the improvement. It kicks much more now. I get the same feeling of a fast car, that I had in the beginning of owning my tesla, that slowly got "normal" after owning the car for a while.

Reactions: TOPSCRT and Sherlo
I have it and enjoy it. Faster = better. My personal best 0-60(1ft) so far is 3.58, best recorded on Dragy is 3.47. $2k was a tough pill to swallow, but Tesla knows they can just take our money. It really isn't fair.

Side note: Fastest for the full performance version is 2.98, so we are still almost exactly 0.5s behind.

Agree, by far my best xmas present - but don’t tell my wife

Dragy 3.51...hopefully with a tailwind I’ll surpass you someday ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Vaillant
One of my buddies with a 2018 AWD with a 980 rear motor, and my 2019 AWD with a 990 rear motor did some 0-60, 20-60, 40-60 test today pre-boost to see the comparison before we both do the boost upgrade. They were about the same, I had 3% higher SOC than him and ran a little bit better times, but very close.

Mind sharing the times? Just curious

One of my buddies with a 2018 AWD with a 980 rear motor, and my 2019 AWD with a 990 rear motor did some 0-60, 20-60, 40-60 test today pre-boost to see the comparison before we both do the boost upgrade. They were about the same, I had 3% higher SOC than him and ran a little bit better times, but very close.

I’ll upload a few Dragy pictures here shortly.
Looking forward to seeing the results!

2018 LR AWD (980 rear motor) 80% SoC

7D284B3F-ACF3-4BFC-80B7-847BFC258411.jpeg D112B279-9F72-4EBA-80BF-A185D701906E.jpeg 6F78C83F-7577-4526-907F-672E4D7FEA55.jpeg43ABF484-0B2A-497E-91A7-314BE90C44E4.jpeg

I’ll upload a few Dragy pictures here shortly.

why would 980 vs 990 motor reference is important here when getting acceleration boost? Should both return the same result as Tesla promised? Sure likely 980 is binned, but still. Just curious and congrats

Can you remind me whether or not the upgrade has any effect during regular driving, or just full throttle? (or whatever they call the throttle on electric cars)
Throttle is fine but most call it an Accelerator pedal and some even say Go pedal. Just don't say Gas pedal. Not sure what "regular driving" is since I MUST be first from a red light.:D .....but regular/slower driving is not effected.

I should NOT be readying this thread. I hate looking at the option to upgrade every time I log into my account!

But it's so easy. Just click the button and it's yours. You know you want it. You deserve it. You earned it. :)

I can see significant others filing a class action lawsuit against Tesla some day for making these upgrades just way to easy purchase.

Can you remind me whether or not the upgrade has any effect during regular driving, or just full throttle? (or whatever they call the throttle on electric cars)
I would say BIG effect on "all around driving". The car feels like it is many hundreds of pounds lighter and more "sure of itself". Kind of feels telepathic now as jetting from rolling position "A" to "B" feels instantaneous. Definitely an "overall driving" experience, and not just a "launch" experience. YMMV