Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now that production has resumed, how long before we find out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine that Tesla is currently doing a slow ramp production run with the new configuration. They will begin to stockpile those cars for an expected rush of orders to get the latest thing. During that time they will sell out all their current demos and inventory cars to have fresh stock in their showrooms.

Ouch!
I feel for your wait :)
I hope you get an updated and even better version
It's killing me the anticipation. I check the website every day and the same message:
" Estimated Delivery: February 12 - March 12 We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Come on Elon make my car please, I want to give you a buttload of money for it. I have ordered an MX
Long Range Plus All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic
20" Silver Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior with Dark Ash Wood Décor
Seven Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

How would people feel if Tesla cancelled the S & X?
Came out with a new Model called the Model 3+ and Y+.
The new Model S/X might share some additional parts with the Model 3/Y.
Don't the recently spotted Model S Plaid had a central display similar to the Model 3/Y?

However many car companies provide for the Chinese market some elongated car such as the Audi

With an extended wheel base and nicer interiors.
It is not impossible to consider that Tesla might develop a Van targeted for the Boring Company needs and based the Model S/X platform?
boring_1000x.jpg

Last edited:
How would people feel if Tesla cancelled the S & X?
Came out with a new Model called the Model 3+ and Y+.

With an extended wheel base and nicer interiors.

Hmmm. We do need a car due to teenage boys approaching driving age (they are getting the hand-me-downs).

I would look at the new offering of course - but it would be just as easy to buy another ICE vehicle now and wait a year for Lucid.

Killing the S/X would be a bad move IMHO.

That only makes sense if you’re fine with your “new and improved” crowing immediately cratering demand for your existing product, which Tesla doesn’t have the luxury of.
Demand for the S and X has of course been soft - so I'd consider a refresh almost a necessity.

I'd be curious to find out how many initial S owners have turned to a 3 - Y - X instead of another S. (I'll leave out the ones who went to another brand.)

All of the automakers have trained / brain-washed the public to expect a model freshening after about 4 years - with a major revamp at about the 7 or 8 year mark.

So the S is kind of on borrowed time unless there is a notable upward tick in sales. Of that I am sure.

As for the X -- sorry to offend - but it's been the bulbous step-child since day one.

The S doesn't seem dated to me at all. It is missing some creature comforts compared to other luxury flagships in its price class, but the S is still a sexy beast and has only gotten better with age -- more power, more refinement, more range, faster charging, more tech and features, more affordable. I would love to see what the range is with 4680 batteries, but I am also concerned that they'll mess up the styling and produce an uglier S.

SUVs rarely look better than the sleek 4 door sedans they are based upon.

While the sedans look better, handle better, are more efficient, faster, and lighter, they are almost sales proof on the showroom floor. SUVs have taken the fancy of Americans wanting the additional capabilities that come with the additional interior room plus greater towing capacity. People want the additional ground clearance and the comand seating position.

The Model 3 in the US doesn't have it as an option either.
Oh, I never realized that, thanks for the hint. That's also ... not very cool, but maybe you don't like towing over there?

Joking aside: Model 3 can tow, so it should be sold like that in the U.S. also. The only thing worse than 'not offering' is 'coupling it with cream interiour plus service plan', which is how traditional (german...) car makers operate.