Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now that the MS Owners and CNN Recreations are done, I just had to

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lolachampcar

Nov 26, 2012
WPB Florida
Email to Mr. Broder......
"I'm a Model S owner and an engineer. I was surprised at how accurate Tesla's range claims have been. Most electric vehicle providers are not so forthcoming (my Zero for example).
It is a shame you went for the flatbed shot. It was good press for a short period of time but I feel your career may take a hit for it. It is rare for someone in your position to actually get caught like this. The odds would have been in your favor had it been most any company other than Tesla. The talent that came up with the concept, executed the design and produced the car seems capable of running a company as well.
Regards,
Bill Hart"

Nice. I don't follow him at all. Has he written anything else since the hit piece? I agree this will follow him for a while. And cast doubt on anything he writes in the near future. He's probably just trying to lay low for a while and hope people forget.

Nice. I don't follow him at all. Has he written anything else since the hit piece? I agree this will follow him for a while. And cast doubt on anything he writes in the near future. He's probably just trying to lay low for a while and hope people forget.

Yes, his latest articles are listed here: John M. Broder - The New York Times
Unfortunately, I don't know if I can trust the numbers in any of these due to the sloppy reporting in his previous articles.

Yes, his latest articles are listed here: John M. Broder - The New York Times
Unfortunately, I don't know if I can trust the numbers in any of these due to the sloppy reporting in his previous articles.

I think he used to cover the oil industry. Probably made many friends there as a result. So I don't think anything he writes that even remotely involves the environment can be trusted. He might very well be a mole.