Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now this is challenging!

t56301

Mar 22, 2016
USA
As shown in the pic, I had a gift card slipped into that tight gap in the center console. Any idea how to remove the cover without damaging it?

IMG_4782.JPG

vandacca

ReActive Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hamilton
Surely that gift card should slide all the way back and down into the console? Can you slide a twist tie or a tie wrap into the tight gap and push it all the way back so that it falls through?

Reactions: Saghost

xkwizit

Jan 12, 2016
Folsom, CA, United States
Take a long flat nail file, take a two inch strip of duck tape make a loop and stick to one end of the nail file so that there is a sticky side facing down. Slowly slide along the gap to catch the gift card with the duck tape

• Funny
Reactions: dragonxt

Saghost

Oct 9, 2013
Delaware
I'm with vandacca - you should be able to get it out of the inside of the console easily once it goes all the way through and you can slide the door open again.

Martin VanB

Aug 13, 2015
Canada
Don't worry about damaging the gift card. As long as the serial number is visible or strip is intact it's valid. It would be pretty unlikely you would damage both.

But be careful to not damage the car.

• Funny
Reactions: dragonxt

t56301

Mar 22, 2016
USA
This has turned into a more interesting thread than I thought ;)

I haven't got time to try everything you guys suggested yet. I still have time as I remember it will expire by end of year.

Thanks for all your inputs!

ming

Oct 22, 2016
Irvine, CA
Hah the same thing happened to me. But since I needed to bring the car in for service I asked them to look into removing it. I'm surprised that it's even possible for something to fall in there.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC