TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Now this is excellent signage

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by mrElbe, Jan 27, 2016.

1. mrElbe

mrElbe Member

Charged at Hagerstown yesterday and was amazed at the good signage in that outlet mall.

Attached Files:

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

Maybe we could do a GoFundMe campaign or something to fund similar signs at other Supercharger locations. :wink:

3. Caligula

Caligula Member

Those wouldn't be legal in California. You need minimum size, lettering, and verbiage for it to actually prevent the property owner from becoming liable for the tow. Good start and/or bluff though. Also looks like that pole was backed into at one point, lol

4. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

Agreed. The sign must post the municipal code, phone number to retrieve the car, etc (at least here in California, but my guess is that similar language is required in most states). I still love it though, and no matter how nonenforceable it may be, it still could be a deterrent.

5. Brunton

Brunton Pontificating the obvious

If it were up to me, the Tesla sign would say "Tesla electric vehicle charging" not "Tesla electric vehicle parking."

6. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

I used to live in a community that had "Parking for residents only. Towing enforced." posted at the entrances to all the (many, small) parking lots. Totally unenforceable, but it seemed to help deter people who either don't realize you need a certain minimum information on the signs, or just don't want to take a chance. Sort of like how just posting a picture of eyes makes people more honest: ‘Big Brother eyes make us act more honestly | New Scientist

7. Barry

Barry Member

And there would be an additional warning that materials used in the sign have been shown to cause cancer :smile:

8. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

It's different in every jurisdiction, and most shopping center owners wouldn't want to alienate customers by having their cars towed.

9. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Agreed!

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Here is what Tesla is supplementing with in my neck of the woods. Better than suggesting it's okay just to park and not charge, IMHO:

sign-ev-parking.png

11. green1

green1 Active Member

Exactly what it should be. Honestly I wish they'd put ONLY this sign and get rid of the useless red Tesla one, it means absolutely nothing.

12. Caligula

Caligula Member

It's funny because it's true.