Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now -This- Would Be What I Call A Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a -concept-. Maybe what I described above was too complicated for some of you -- there are morphing applications which can gradually change one image to another, like a man to a woman, and show you any linear step in between. I see the new MS as the morphed design between the current design, and the OP. An -average- between the two.

Then again, likely some of you are just arguing for argument's sake. To get out your life's frustrations.

Well I'm not going to bother anymore. Looks to me like half of you haven't been to college. Life's too short.

Now -This- Would Be What I Call A Refresh ...

upload_2016-5-25_15-53-20.png

Reactions: calisnow
Looking at the images in the link in the OP...

1. The bottom of the 'nose' looks somewhat like that Model 3 actually.
2. Hate the bottom scoop. Personal taste.
3. I'd like to see the headlights up close.
4. Looking at those wings, I'm kind of interested to see what a "roof that splits to recede into the bottom half-nondoor" convertible. Has that been done (even if just in a concept car)?
5. Are the rear scoops (in front of the rear wheels) just aesthetic or are they functional (aero and/or cooling)?
6. What's the hole in the back for?
7. The trapezoid screen won't make it to production.
8. No legroom in rear seat? Not "little". None. Lame.
9. "Dead pedal" for passenger. Interesting.
10. "PRND" area of the middle screen is a total waste of screen space (very inefficient).
11. The dahs though the steering wheel looks "weird" to me.

I agree with the Tesla design decision to make MS look like a luxury sedan. A brilliant car that looks like a spaceship would be an oddity and sell to a small segment (I would not buy one); a brilliant car that looks like a luxury sedan is a hit.

Remember Tesla's goal of electrifying the world. They do that by turning the styles and driving experience we expect into sustainable energy automobiles, priced within reach of most new car buyers. They are on the way there. I suspect even the gull wing doors of the X might put off some traditionalists. Something that looks like Buck Rogers won't achieve that goal.