Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now which color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have made the decision to go with the 2018 Model S 75D. I have narrowed the car to 2 color options: Midnight Silver and Deep Blue Metallic. I will then have the white interior.

To all those with those 2 color combinations I would love to see pics. I have scoured YouTube and watched many videos. But I would like to see what the members here have. And as car lovers we all like to show off our cars!

Thanks!

I have made the decision to go with the 2018 Model S 75D. I have narrowed the car to 2 color options: Midnight Silver and Deep Blue Metallic. I will then have the white interior.

To all those with those 2 color combinations I would love to see pics. I have scoured YouTube and watched many videos. But I would like to see what the members here have. And as car lovers we all like to show off our cars!

Thanks!
If those are your two choices, I would say: Do the blue. There are SO many dark gray and just so many gray cars out there already. I believe the gray is also very common in Teslas so, if you want to be different that a lot of others, I would suggest going with the blue. It is beautiful especially with the white interior.

Definitely the blue one if you choose between these two. I had a S in Midnight silver and thought it was a bit dull and didn't like the somehow purple hue in the color. I changed to Obsidian Black and love the color.

But saying all that, color is a personal choice. I actually like all colors offered on Tesla X/S except Midnight...

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Definitely the blue one if you choose between these two. I had a S in Midnight silver and thought it was a bit dull and didn't like the somehow purple hue in the color. I changed to Obsidian Black and love the color.

But saying all that, color is a personal choice. I actually like all colors offered on Tesla X/S except Midnight...
@evster: I have ordered the Obsidian Black as my last two cars have been the same color and I love it as well. My question to you is if you had your car wrapped with a glass coating such as Ceramic Pro or Opti-Coat Pro Plus. I am having mine wrapped and will drive it straight from Tesla to the shop to have it done so that the guy doing it who does a lot of high end cars here in Nashville, like Lamborghini, Mazerati, Bentley etc. can inspect it and if HE sees anything that needs to be addressed as in finish etc., I will know right away and can take it back to Tesla to be corrected. His shop is very close to the Tesla dealership and he has done many Teslas with all very happy customers. So, if you did or didn't have your Tesla wrapped, can you tell me how happy you are with the "finish" you have? Thanks!

I chose blue mostly because my last car - a Lexus - was grey. I think the wheels are as important as the color. Are you going with 19" or 21"? I decided to buy a set of 21" arachnids from a referral prize winner. Don't have the car yet, else I would share images.

Posting with summer & winter wheels :)
20171003_175746.jpg

20171022_094215.jpg

The blue looks great in the sunlight, but gets a bit too dark for my liking in any other lighting. Midnight Silver is a truly unique color - yes, there are other "gray" cars out there, but none have the same color characteristics as Midnight Silver with its metallic fleck color variety. But it only looks really good when the car is clean, IMO. I just had my Midnight Silver S wrapped with a shade of red. I've had a lot of blue and gray cars, so red was a nice change. Tesla's red is beautiful and is their company color for a reason, so I'd say go with that color if you are inclined whatsoever.

The blue looks great in the sunlight, but gets a bit too dark for my liking in any other lighting. Midnight Silver is a truly unique color - yes, there are other "gray" cars out there, but none have the same color characteristics as Midnight Silver with its metallic fleck color variety. But it only looks really good when the car is clean, IMO. I just had my Midnight Silver S wrapped with a shade of red. I've had a lot of blue and gray cars, so red was a nice change. Tesla's red is beautiful and is their company color for a reason, so I'd say go with that color if you are inclined whatsoever.
@ Nitemare3219: I like the red color too but not in the bright sunlight as it tends to be a little "orangey." In lower lighting, it has that pretty color of red that I love. I almost changed my Obsidian Black to red but I knew I needed to see it in person and I am glad I did. I wish it was a little darker as it looks in most of the pictures online. I realize the online pix aren't true to color but some of the pictures even look different. I did see the Midnight Silver and it is beautiful. Better than I thought it would be. So, tell me about having your car wrapped with red. I don't understand the concept of having it wrapped in another color. Does that essentially make your car look like a car manufactured in red? Can you direct me towards any websites that offer this process? I don't plan to ever change my Obsidian Black but this is very interesting to me. I will have my car "wrapped" (I guess you call it that,) with Opti-Coat Pro Plus as soon as I take delivery (which I hope is very soon,) but I am very curious about what you have done to your car. Thank you in advance for responding. :)

What year? Post some pictures...

Thanks!
Another vote for blue! I have Deep Blue Metallic with the (discontinued) grey interior & black headliner. Deep blue Teslas around here are more common now than when I bought mine, but I still get lots of comments. The light interior contrasts nicely and really brightens up the feel of the car inside, perhaps the white interior with the blue exterior will look similarly great. A friend has deep blue with black interior, and to me it feels too dark inside. I've had a Midnight Silver loaner and did not really care for it. Plus around here there are SO many more grey-ish cars that the blue is still more distinctive. Some pics of my deep blue with grey interior here, plus a couple exterior photos, one with OEM 19" split 5spoke wheels, another with darker 19" matte titanium 3rd party wheels

Last edited:
Reactions: HA3AP

@Nitemare3219,

Love your red....I figured you wrapped and the red you chose is amazing. Might I inquire as to the ‘color/name’ of red you used and where you had the work done?

Ski

Blue does look sweet. But now looking at the white as an option. I am having a hard deciding on a color at this point

As per your signature you won’t be ordering until May, I had a hard time deciding on colours too, went with black and then if I want to have any other Color I can always wrap it. Good thing is model s looks stunning in all colours! Good luck with your choice

Thanks!
I went with midnight silver with black interior ..Love it !!