TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Now you have a vehicle for the common folks... how about Service Centers?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by tvanscot, Apr 1, 2016.

1. tvanscot

tvanscot New Member

The Model 3 looks amazing! I want to pre-order but the closest service center is 4 hours away. This means any time I need to take the car in it is a day off from work. Unlike someone I know who has an X and just has a flatbed come and pickup his car to take it in for maintenance this won't work for the rest of us.

You have done a great job getting the price down, now please work on your service center presence, it is truly your next big hurdle!

• Like x 1
  2. MitchMitch

MitchMitch Lurker In Chief

+1
    A service center in Grand Junction Colorado would be terrific. Four hours drive to Salt Lake or Denver isn't appealing, especially when I70 closes for whatever reason.

3. ucmndd

ucmndd Member

Maybe that's why they talked of doubling the number of service locations by the end of next year.

• Like x 1
  4. MTL_HABS1909

MTL_HABS1909 Member

At least 441 service centers by then end of 2017 which is more than double the current number. I'm sure it will only continue to grow afterwards.

5. xmetal

xmetal Member

Elon said that by the end of 2017 if you live by any medium sized city you would be close to a service center.

6. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

The Dallas service center is closed today while they move to a location that's 4x to 5x larger. I have faith that Tesla is planning to scale the service center bandwidth commensurate with the cars sold. I'm certain that they recognize that an inability to adequately service the cars they've sold would play right into the hands of the pro-dealer forces.