Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lunitiks

Cool James & Black Teacher
Nov 19, 2016
Prawn Island, VC
Warning: This is a @buttershrimp'y kind of thread. If you're looking for cold, technical, informative pieces of information for your brain, well... Hoosh! Go look elsewhere.

Tesla is under attack. According to experts, Tesla is approaching Terminal Decline. The company is a mess, and Model 3 will most certainly become their downfall. The mission. The accomplishments. The brand. Doomed.

You see The Dark Side is strong right now. Pure, unadulterated pandemonium is on the doorstep. Palpatine has a big, fat smile on his face, because the end - yes, the end - is very, very nigh.

Moooowaaahhhhhhhhaaahaaaa!

Who are we to do anything about it? What purpose do we serve in all of this? Which piece of the puzzle do we represent?

We are the Rebels.

We are, for lack of better words, the only hope. We are the ones blasting away at the the Empire - staying on target, staying on target - covering Porkins - using the Force. We're the bones and the gravy. The joint. Camouflaged, stealth, in the middle of Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Perfect.

But be afraid, be very afraid. That's no moon. It's a space station. Some of us - aaaaawww, me included - are weak. We're being tempted to join the Dark Side. Sometimes, it's irresistible. It feels so right. It smells like... The truth™.

Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Post your feelz. Post your mind. Post status now.

I skimmed the articles linked in the OP. They claim there's only two ways to make money on stocks: Buy and hold and hope the company succeeds, or buy now in hopes of selling out to "a bigger fool" for more.

They left out an obvious third way:

Short sell the stock, and publish idiotic hatchet articles in hopes of driving the stock price down so you can cover your shorts at a profit.

Seeking Alpha: A bunch of guys who cannot make money in the stock market, so they make their money writing investment advice for others. Motley Fool is another, but at least they come right out and call themselves fools. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." I feel like there should be a '...then they try to copy you' after 'fight you' as we'll see this next year possibly.

I like to think we are at the 'fight you' stage right now as Model 3 is about to take over the auto industry.

Model S has all but decimated the luxury sedan segment and this will most likely be no different for mid-size and compact luxury sedans.

The financials of the company are sound, albeit always running on or near the hairy edge of positive free cash flow.

Reactions: EinSV
"Car Wars" Episode III
A new hope.
Soon not playing at a dealer near you.​

TeslaStarWars.jpg

Last edited:
Warning: This is a @buttershrimp'y kind of thread. If you're looking for cold, technical, informative pieces of information for your brain, well... Hoosh! Go look elsewhere.

I see I'm garnering a reputation as a forum fluffer.... yet, I am much more than that... I also now bring raw video (sometimes in landscape mode) to TMC.

I have sacrificed my body only to get forearm checked by Elon's body guard for trying to high five him as he walks off stage, you will then know the lengths I am willing to travel to bring info to this thread. (@skitown somehow slipped a block and touched Lord Elon.)

That being said, I have some tasty photos for @verygreen and other software and hardware dudes... I hope someone else may post a better closeup of this camera suite on the semi....

IMG_4668.JPG
IMG_4669.JPG

Looks like the back, right side of the semi/tractor unit. With a fancy camera cluster ‘wing’ poking out from the aerodynamic cowling that passes the air over the trailer unit. The cabin window might just be off-shot to the right beyond the vertical seam you can see.

Matt Black makes it tough to discern some details but looks very cool for a truck.

IMG_9263 (1).png
IMG_9253.png
Where is that? Difficult to understand the pic

They are the side fins on the semi tractor that house a lot of cameras, presumably to replace the review mirrors as well as provide a bunch of other views for the driver and AP. It was dark, but by my count there were at least 4 cameras in them, and maybe more. Here's an image of where it is on the truck as well as a slightly different angle that I took that shows off the camera on the front of the fin as well.