TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

NPR: Why Buying A Car Is So Awful

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by gaswalla, Feb 24, 2013.

1. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

2. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Great synopsis of the "system." Just makes you never want to buy that way again.

3. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

One of the authors, Fiona Scott Morton, is a Senior Consultant with my firm. She just returned to Yale after stepping down as Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Economic Analysis with the Antitrust Division of the US Department of Justice (DOJ). Great quote:

4. joe12pack

joe12pack Member

That's ironic it is coming from the National Petroleum Radio that is funded by the big oil companies and also the big foundations (the Ultra-Wealthy families). But I digress....

5. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

In NY, the state is still getting its share of sales taxes from Tesla. Whoo boy is it! For the first time, I'm going to deduct sales taxes rather than state income taxes on my federal tax return.