Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NR Can funded L3 chargers across Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have made a map of the current list of NR Can funded chargers - these are the new chargers that started to be rolled out over the summer. NR Can Phase 2 You can filter by company, note that Petro Can is not doing this alone.
Nice, but could you just maybe remove the hydro one chargers, because their locations make absolutely no sense, like the FC near Wawa, or the one WAY north of Ignace. I told the ones who were adding the Ontario Hydro FCs on PlugShare before construction to not do so, because the locations were incredibly misleading, and placed at electrical redistribution and such, which sometimes are located in the absolute middle of nowhere. Or maybe until they get one Hydro One /Ontario Hydro FC built, I wouldn’t cite either as a source for an upcoming charger

Reactions: RiverBrick
NR Canada provides a loan for 50% of the costs. A part of the operating profits is supposed to go towards repaying the loans for a number of years.

For many sites, there will be no or little operating profits, so the loan can be considered a quasi-grant.

However, Petro-Canada, Hydro-QC, NB Power, etc are still footing at least half the bill.

Too bad NR Canada is even more generous with natural gas and hydrogen stations than with DCFC.

Can you expand your post to say what NR is & how it is Tesla compatable please. Will Teslas need an adapter & if so what kind?
Are all Teslas comparable right now? Thanks very much.

Natural Resources Canada, a federal ministry.

These loans are for dual CCS/CHAdeMO stations. Currently, the only way Teslas can use these stations are with a CHAdeMO adapter. The adapter is limited to 50 kW, though some of the stations offer up to 100 kW on CHAdeMO.

I have made a map of the current list of NR Can funded chargers - these are the new chargers that started to be rolled out over the summer. NR Can Phase 2 You can filter by company, note that Petro Can is not doing this alone.
Some of the locations that are under construction have been open for a while. E.g. BC Hydro at 3000 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam has been working for over a month. I thought it had been much longer, but it seems they used the NRC funding to replace an existing fast charger at the same location with two new chargers.

Some of the locations that are under construction have been open for a while. E.g. BC Hydro at 3000 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam has been working for over a month.

Yes, they're very slow to update their site. The last change posted was in early July. The pinned Canada CHAdeMO charging thread here or plugshare are better sources.

You have to take the "coming soon" with wrench icon units on plugshare with a grain of salt, though. "soon" might mean in two years.