Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very minor update, Inverell council minutes (March 2022) confirmed they've agreed on a location, 51 Evans St (was 30 Sweaney St).

Update: Appears it will be 2 stations here!

1654587973991.png

The NRMA chargers at Wilcannia are reported on Plugshare to be vandalised and not working 🙁 no photos though of the alleged damage.

A42D17CF-CC54-4523-A9FB-E5E474EAA632.jpeg

NRMA describe this site as having only one live charger but two hardware units, allegedly so that they can activate the other unit if one is out of order. I wonder if the person called NRMA?

Tesla Tom was at the NRMA drive day this weekend and took a shot of a banner NRMA had up about their charging network:

Some things I noticed:
* A few “coming soon” locations that had previously not been identified, e.g. Dorrigo, Gilgandra, etc.
* They’ve included the Chargefox 350 kW locations on this map, which could mean all kinds of speculative things, mostly related to the fact that AMS is now a 100% owner of Chargefox. It could mean all kinds of things related to perhaps NRMA using Chargefox for billing, or NRMA taking over these sites, or anything else. Or it could just mean nothing is changing and NRMA wants to make their coverage map look better.
* Some sites are at specific resorts/holiday parks, going out on a limb I’m guessing these are NRMA owned. It likely just means AC charging.
* NRMA doesn’t know where some towns are. Braidwood? Urunga?

Video:

Screenshots:

9ODVSym.jpg

CO9Xgrc.jpg

v7wP4gp.jpg

u08HqTN.jpg

* NRMA doesn’t know where some towns are. Braidwood? Urunga?
That's pretty poor.

Looked at Braidwood.
QPRC had an update in 13 July meeting that they had put forward a number of sites for NSW funding and got nothing

Couldn't find anything at Urunga (Bellingen Council)

They put the Urunga and Coffs labels around the wrong way.

(I wrote to them to suggest Urunga about 2 years ago - it's a good position right at the terminus of the Waterfall Way on the Pacific Hwy).

Jugiong is incorrectly marked as well, looks like they've put the label on Harden. As are Mittagong and Picton.

Moree and Narrabri are good additions.

Tesla Tom was at the NRMA drive day this weekend and took a shot of a banner NRMA had up about their charging network:

Interesting stuff. Moree would be a good addition, and not just because I am out that way at the moment 😄

Cobar to Wilcannia is still quite a stretch (260km) with nothing planned inbetween - because there is almost nothing inbetween 🤔. It would be OK for LR (I’ve done a couple of remote-ish area stretches that long in this trip - roads with no mobile coverage too) but for SR it might get a bit squeaky-bum if challenged with a headwind.

I’ll be checking out the charger at Walgett to see exactly what the damage is and see if it is still working (it was reported last check-in as working).

Nothing planned at Cameron’s Corner 🤣🤣

• Funny
Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
The feedback survey from the drive day had a question about offsets. Apparently NSW will let you pay $60 on top of your ice rego and all your carbon sins will be absolved.I don't know much about these deals, just have the general vibe that it's all bs like carbon capture. Does anyone know how they work?