Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody have any intel on the new Mudgee NRMA charger?
I'll be there in two weeks. It would be nice if it was commissioned by then. ;)
I reached out to NRMA and haven't had any response from them.

btw, Yass is NOT open. I was there just over a week ago.

The Bogan Shire council meetings minutes for August has agreed to install a NRMA fast charger in Nyngan, NSW.

Great spot to open up more of NSW. Nyngan is at the cross road between Dubbo, Bourke and Broken Hill.

https://www.bogan.nsw.gov.au/images/ORDINARY_BSC_Business_Paper_27_August_2020_-19.08.2020_FINAL.pdf

Pages 38 and 39.

9D123B5F-5861-4DEA-B119-DCEC2133658B.jpeg
0188CC49-6966-4329-B0E5-02ACDF6CE984.jpeg

Went for a drive up to Parkes yesterday, used NRMA chargers for the whole trip:

Yass isn't open yet;
Cowra all good, weird uphill reverse park right next to a fence;
Parkes was a bit of a stressful one, arrived there with 3%, a good feeling though when you pull up and it is on and no error codes. It is the only charger in town.

Good news about Nyngan.

Thanks cafz. Good news to have another option down that way.

I asked NRMA about their Mudgee charger being open this weekend and got the reply that it won't be open and they have no "firm date locked in for the go-live".

Oh well, I guess I'll need to use a few of the destination chargers at the wineries. ;)

Looks like Scone will be next cab off the rank. With that and future sites at Armidale and Tenterfield, the New England Hwy is looking good at least in NSW.
New England Highway is already fine on the Queensland side of the border, with UoQ DC chargers at Warwick and Toowoomba. Even now the NSW stretch is doable. I've done Pokolbin to Tamworth in a Model 3 SR+, and Tamworth to Glen Innes to Warwick would have been fine too.

But yes, Scone will be a massive improvement, as Wallsend and Pokolbin are rather out of the way.

Is it wrong that I derive great enjoyment from the curmudgeons getting all pouty-faced on that NRMA post?
Yeah, I spent too much time feeding the trolls yesterday :)