Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were no cars sold in Australia with CCS1 quick charge ports.
RACWA simply presumed this would be the standard when early cars appeared with the J1772 port on which the CCS1 is based. RACWA will eventually change these to CCS2 when they discover that they’re never used.

As far as I know, all BMW i3's before 2018 with the DCFC option are CCS1. The new ones are definately CCS2 (with 11kW 3ph AC Support).

Adam.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Not a new location, but noticed this in the Greater Hume council meeting agenda from December (emphasis mine):

https://www.greaterhume.nsw.gov.au/...ber-2018/agenda-ordinary-19-dec18-revised.pdf

As part of NRMA’s Social Dividend Investment Strategy, the NRMA will deliver Australia’s largest Electric Vehicle (EV) fast-charge network. This $10 million investment over three years will see around 47 fast-charge stations, more than double the size of the current network, across NSW and ACT. The network will account for more than 95 per cent of road trips taken by NRMA members and is their way of ensuring regional communities have the infrastructure required to meet the needs of tomorrow’s motorists.

47 stations now? Hmmm... :)

Hello, first post here, 3 months into our Model X 100D adventure and loving it! Anyway, just to advise the Batemans Bay NRMA fast charger is online. Charged there the other day on the way up to Canberra. It is located at the Visitors Centre just off the highway and close to the centre of town.
Also, I was advised by the NRMA that they will be starting work on the Bega charger in June (not sure of its location yet). This will be great for those of us who use Bega for shopping etc as well as people travelling to and from Victoria via Highway 1. We currently use the 3 phase outlets at the Showgrounds. Cheers

My understanding is that the older cars will need to be modified to support this adapter, assuming it comes to Australia.

I am told (by the Brisbane service centre) that the cost is $850-900 (a little more than the Chademo adapter) most of which is a refit to bring the charger electronics up to Model 3 spec. The adapter itself is trivial. They are taking bookings from June 1 for the job, I assume Syd/Melb are working to a similar timeframe. Should be able to charge at least at supercharger speeds when the new more powerful CCS chargers come online (Chargefox rollout)

I am told (by the Brisbane service centre) that the cost is $850-900 (a little more than the Chademo adapter) most of which is a refit to bring the charger electronics up to Model 3 spec. The adapter itself is trivial. They are taking bookings from June 1 for the job, I assume Syd/Melb are working to a similar timeframe. Should be able to charge at least at supercharger speeds when the new more powerful CCS chargers come online (Chargefox rollout)
Not too keen on 'supercharger speeds'. Was down at BN SC this morning getting a whole 47kw.

Regarding the Jugiong location, the local council has in their April meeting, agreed as part of a town centre rejuvenation project to

"(d) The provision of the nominated NRMA Electric vehicle charge point for Jugiong
also be updated as part of the plan’s revision;
(e) That the General Manager be delegated the authority to execute the Licence
Deed between the NRMA and Council regarding the Jugiong Electric Vehicle
charge point;"

The Jindera News, a community newsletter in the Greater Hume area, published in February:

"Visitors, residents, the local economy and the environment will benefit with the installation of an NRMA Charging Station for electric vehicles in the Gallipoli Victoria Rest area, in Albury Street, Holbrook. The charging station will provide universal access for the most popular electric vehicles and will be powered by renewable energy. It is expected that the station will be operational early in 2019."

It's getting to the tail end of "early in 2019"!

Both good news for Hume Highway travellers!

All that info is on this page of their website in including the exact price of $798.00 (at the bottom of the page)