TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

NRMA to build Australia's largest fast charging network

Discussion in 'Australia' started by baillies, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Zoltrix77

Zoltrix77 Member

As far as I know, all BMW i3's before 2018 with the DCFC option are CCS1. The new ones are definately CCS2 (with 11kW 3ph AC Support).

Adam.

• Informative x 1
  2. rohan3au

rohan3au Member

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Not a new location, but noticed this in the Greater Hume council meeting agenda from December (emphasis mine):

https://www.greaterhume.nsw.gov.au/files/sharedassets/public/council-meetings/minutes-and-agendas/2018/december-2018/agenda-ordinary-19-dec18-revised.pdf

47 stations now? Hmmm... :)

4. aegidius

aegidius Member

Where's that CCS2 adapter? Grrrr...

5. baillies

baillies Member

• Informative x 2
  6. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

7. RareEarth

RareEarth Member

Hello, first post here, 3 months into our Model X 100D adventure and loving it! Anyway, just to advise the Batemans Bay NRMA fast charger is online. Charged there the other day on the way up to Canberra. It is located at the Visitors Centre just off the highway and close to the centre of town.
    Also, I was advised by the NRMA that they will be starting work on the Bega charger in June (not sure of its location yet). This will be great for those of us who use Bega for shopping etc as well as people travelling to and from Victoria via Highway 1. We currently use the 3 phase outlets at the Showgrounds. Cheers

• Like x 3
  8. Jays200

Jays200 Member

A DCFC at Bega will be awesome. We managed Woolongong to Cooma, via Tathra, with no AC charging at Bega and rolled in to Cooma with 20kms to spare last July. Narooma was constructed but not commissioned at that time.

9. brendon1970

brendon1970 Member

My understanding is that the older cars will need to be modified to support this adapter, assuming it comes to Australia.

10. Hovean

Hovean Member

That's pretty impressive range there Jays200. Google maps tells me Woolongong to Cooma, via Tathra is 484 km.

11. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Oops! Forgot we stayed at Mollymook. Jays on Twitter First Model X to cross Australia last June/July and just did a smidge over 3800kms last week Perth-Karratha-Perth with a few side trips to ellavella.com.au station. Check out my Twitter in my sig.

• Like x 1
  12. aegidius

aegidius Member

I am told (by the Brisbane service centre) that the cost is $850-900 (a little more than the Chademo adapter) most of which is a refit to bring the charger electronics up to Model 3 spec. The adapter itself is trivial. They are taking bookings from June 1 for the job, I assume Syd/Melb are working to a similar timeframe. Should be able to charge at least at supercharger speeds when the new more powerful CCS chargers come online (Chargefox rollout)

13. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

Not too keen on 'supercharger speeds'. Was down at BN SC this morning getting a whole 47kw.

14. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Regarding the Jugiong location, the local council has in their April meeting, agreed as part of a town centre rejuvenation project to

The Jindera News, a community newsletter in the Greater Hume area, published in February:

It's getting to the tail end of "early in 2019"!

Both good news for Hume Highway travellers!

15. aegidius

aegidius Member

Someone charging next to you? It's always full there...

16. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

All that info is on this page of their website in including the exact price of $798.00 (at the bottom of the page)

17. scully

scully Member

• Like x 4
  18. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

There are so many it's hard to work out which ones are new! From my records the previous remaining "coming soon" sites were:

Orange
    Grafton
    Bega
    Holbrook
    Glen Innes

And these have been joined by new additions:
    Jugiong
    Lithgow
    Gunnedah
    Ewingsdale

• Like x 2
  19. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

A bit of extra info - I notice that a lot of these dots are in rather precise locations (not just "general town centres").

Ewingsdale in particular is at "The Farm" which might sound familiar to those that have hung around these forums for a while! ;) Supercharger - Knockrow (Byron Bay) NSW

20. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

This one is still "coming soon" on the NRMA map, but the Plugshare user "theNRMA" added it to Plugshare today as an active location (there's nothing in the description to suggest it is only "coming soon"). No photos though.