Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NSW: Endeavour Energy Free EV charger - with conditions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand this is limited scope but just putting it out there and sharing the love for any lucky to live in the area of Endeavour Energy. If you are not in the EE DNSP area I understand that other operators in NSW have or may have similar schemes. So worth investigating if you want a free* wall charger including installation.
*Note there are some conditions which may or may not suit your needs. Also this might be a limited trial.
Personally I don't mind the possibility of event days and having my charging scaled back or stopped as the days notice allows for a contingency if needed.

I have my install booked in later in June and it is being done by Jetcharge. The wall charger is a chargemate 3P22 ChargeMate – JET Charge

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I signed up for it a few weeks ago and apparently they are reviewing my installation suitability.

I think it's not a sure thing to be accepted, for the trial I suspect they want people with a range of usage patterns and cars (hence the questions on how many ks per week etc). They probably also want super straight forward installs.

10A socket is working fine so far, so I'm not fussed either way, but a free charger is a free charger. And like you say, the "events" are limited to 4 hours with 24 hours notice. So you won't be caught off guard.

Yes it takes a while and I believe that all the applications are reviewed so you are right in saying it is not automatic. Just FYI mine was under review for a good couple of weeks so I reached out to Jetcharge. They let me know that it was approved but just waiting for the background paperwork.