Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NSW EV charging master plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holbrook and Kempsey are the only Tesla coming soon ones that are missing from the NSW Govt list.

Also the Campbeltown site address has moved slightly from Catholic Club to the nearish Arts Cente (it's all sort of in the same block).

One of the interesting ones is Marulan where Tesla has seemingly won funding for 15 superchargers at the BP northbound site.
BP is presently constructing some chargers (unknown number but it looks like 2 on each side) without funding.

Reactions: Vostok
There seem to be a few that effectively add capacity (eg. 15 at Raymond Terrace only 1km from Heatherbrae).

The Raymond Terrace location is interesting - at the Lakeside Village Tavern. There seems to be reasonable amenity there (a mini shopping centre, bakery, pizza, chemist, supermarket). It’s a little bit of a detour off the M1 but Karuah Chargefox is a bigger detour and I use that!

I wonder if Tesla will keep Heatherbrae SC? There’s close to zero amenity there, and it’s only 7km away from this new location.

No one has mentioned the pin yet for Girilambone. Population 86 at the last Census. I am all for regional charging infrastructure but this site might be a bit premature. Would assume Nyngan would be a more strategic location servicing both the Barrier and Mitchell highways.
Looks like Girilambone was a furphy. It did not appear on the text listing nor on the government approved fast chargers map. Did not seem like it would fit this round of funding.

Reactions: moa999
He's missed the fun so far. Hasn't logged on in 3hrs.

@cafz added the Tesla sites to the Wiki. But @Chuq will have to do a whole lot of importing to his own spreadsheets.
Should also thank MarcoRPTesla for the notification on Twitter.

Chuq might have to do another appearance on LudicrousFeed.

Last edited:
Heaps of Sydney people go to the Coast for a day trip or weekend. If you were going to Killcare/Wagstaffe, it's nicer to go via WoyWoy than Erina
Sure that is not in dispute. I have a couple of places there and generally stay at Booker Bay which is not always rented. I only use the granny charger but am thinking about installing a gen 3 to make it more appealing in the Airbnb pool but that is another story. At most it is a 200km return trip which is easily done by most EV's.
To me 12 x chargers is a lot for that site but it is welcome nonetheless.

Do Tesla only charge per kWh? Do they ever do subscriptions?
I assume you asking about the gen 3 chargers at an airbnb?
I had only just started to look into it but hadn't thought about charging guests TBH. Our other places are permanent and semi-permanent so wasn't toying with EV chargers on those but if a tenant wanted needed it then I would install.
I just wanted to use it to attract people with EV's especially around the Peninsula/Booker Bay where there isn't much charging available but now that there will be all these chargers (eventually) I probably won't bother. I also like going there whenever I like so not having the place booked too often works for me. The Mrs is the money nazi but I just tell her bookings are declining haha.

Reactions: scully
I wonder if Tesla will keep Heatherbrae SC? There’s close to zero amenity there, and it’s only 7km away from this new location.
There's a few new ones not far from existing ones.

The new Gundagai site is in town rather than the dog on the tuckerbox. Decent access to the highway though.

The new Coffs Harbour site is a few km south of the existing one, but not in the CBD - it's in an industrial area. This is a really odd choice though considering that the Coffs Harbour bypass is deep in planning.

assume you asking about the gen 3 chargers
No, I’m just really tired an wasn’t clear. I was thinking about the supercharger number and if they were going for the commuter markets well as day trippers.Most locals could charge at home. What would it take to make them regularly use superchargers? Discounted subscription? What benefits are there for using paid chargers? Is it easier to claim with novated leases?

It's a pretty significant bypass (14km) - not much either side of it. Looks like only about a 3km round-trip from the south end. The proposed supercharger site will be a bit further in than the existing Chargefox one.
The Ampol site will be the most convenient.

@QBN_PC can probably answer this better, but it looks like there isn't really any particularly easy access to BP Marulan Northbound while travelling Southbound.

The Jamisontown pin that says NRMA got it is almost exactly where the Penrith pin is on teslas voting map.

I wonder if Tesla applied for that one too.

15 at Marulan will be good, but if they are all northbound I hope they put a good highway crossing option for southbound.

Backtracking to the weigh station would be a pain. Still easier than trekking through Goulburn though.