Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #11 will stream live Saturday at 1PM PDT. We will be joined by special guest JT Stukes, a former engineer at Tesla. You can watch it live and participate in the chat on YouTube. We will addressing viewer comments and questions. For more information, follow the TMC Podcast #11 thread.

NSW EV Warning label

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
FYI, the sticker is blue not green

4C20F060-25B1-49D7-A9B7-16E19CD722C9.jpeg

As to why only EVs manufactured after 1 Jan 2019... dunno o_O it’s not like there’s a huge backlog of them :D

I went into the Ryde Service NSW (in Macquarie Shopping Centre) to ask about stickers. They had no clue. They said the dealer should have supplied them. Incidentally, I was in there changing my plates over to personalised plates. I asked even if I had stickers on my old plates, what do I do for stickers on my new plates and got the same answer - go to the dealer.

It's not great that they haven't communicated the rule changes to their front line staff. My hunch is some incompetent local manager got a bunch of stickers delivered and they're sitting in a drawer in a desk somewhere.

I think they're going to send them out - I'm not going to waste my time chasing them up. I did send them a message via their website - let's see what happens.

Reactions: Anubis
I’m expecting my rego renewal at the end of this month and am hoping they will be included in that.
It will be year 4 so will need a road worthy for the first time, pity there’s no pollution test, that would have been fun to watch.
Apparently not for 2014 builds.... thank god! The colour would ruin my coordinated colour car and plates!!!

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
Stickers are mandatory in NSW only for EVs built after 1 Jan 2019 (seriously, what kind of brain-dead logic is that?) so we’ve never received them for our LEAF. I purchased my own yellow “high voltage” warning stickers ages ago and stuck them on my plates anyway so that first responders would know what they are dealing with, should we ever be in such an unfortunate situation.

At the end of June, there were 2400 BEVs registered in NSW. It would hardly have been an overwhelming job to mail out EV stickers to everyone.

Reactions: TaylorP and Anubis

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
Got mine this week, the EV ones are blue, looks like there is also a round yellow 'H' tag for hydrogen vehicles (they won't need to make many of those).
The Hydrogen ones are pentagonal. There are only 60 HFCEVs registered in NSW - just about all of them made prior to 1 Jan 2019 hence not covered by this new rule. RMS could send the Valet out to affix all the stickers personally :D

Reactions: Hairyman
The Hydrogen ones are pentagonal. There are only 60 HFCEVs registered in NSW - just about all of them made prior to 1 Jan 2019 hence not covered by this new rule. RMS could send the Valet out to affix all the stickers personally :D
Blue on a red number plate and car simply does not go! Whew. I have EV highlighted in red as part of my cars name on a sticker on the tail end.
Red dEVil. That should be enough!!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC