Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NSW EV Warning label

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, the sticker is blue not green

4C20F060-25B1-49D7-A9B7-16E19CD722C9.jpeg

As to why only EVs manufactured after 1 Jan 2019... dunno o_O it’s not like there’s a huge backlog of them :D

I went into the Ryde Service NSW (in Macquarie Shopping Centre) to ask about stickers. They had no clue. They said the dealer should have supplied them. Incidentally, I was in there changing my plates over to personalised plates. I asked even if I had stickers on my old plates, what do I do for stickers on my new plates and got the same answer - go to the dealer.

It's not great that they haven't communicated the rule changes to their front line staff. My hunch is some incompetent local manager got a bunch of stickers delivered and they're sitting in a drawer in a desk somewhere.

I think they're going to send them out - I'm not going to waste my time chasing them up. I did send them a message via their website - let's see what happens.

Reactions: Anubis
Stickers are mandatory in NSW only for EVs built after 1 Jan 2019 (seriously, what kind of brain-dead logic is that?) so we’ve never received them for our LEAF. I purchased my own yellow “high voltage” warning stickers ages ago and stuck them on my plates anyway so that first responders would know what they are dealing with, should we ever be in such an unfortunate situation.

At the end of June, there were 2400 BEVs registered in NSW. It would hardly have been an overwhelming job to mail out EV stickers to everyone.

Reactions: TaylorP and Anubis
Got mine this week, the EV ones are blue, looks like there is also a round yellow 'H' tag for hydrogen vehicles (they won't need to make many of those).
The Hydrogen ones are pentagonal. There are only 60 HFCEVs registered in NSW - just about all of them made prior to 1 Jan 2019 hence not covered by this new rule. RMS could send the Valet out to affix all the stickers personally :D

Reactions: Hairyman
The Hydrogen ones are pentagonal. There are only 60 HFCEVs registered in NSW - just about all of them made prior to 1 Jan 2019 hence not covered by this new rule. RMS could send the Valet out to affix all the stickers personally :D
Blue on a red number plate and car simply does not go! Whew. I have EV highlighted in red as part of my cars name on a sticker on the tail end.
Red dEVil. That should be enough!!