Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Numerology on Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m of split minds here.

I’m filing these references to name counts almost certainly belong in the “People making things up to match the narrative” Basket.

But the number of Cybertruck accessories, recent Musk posts on it, and fairly spy shots from just a few weeks ago showing a new version make me think a Cybertruck reveal of some sort is possible.

Of course I think Cybertruck news is imminent when Musk posts about BMs or blinks so it’s hard for me to be objective here.
Additional context in favor of it being legit intentional signalling:
  • He explicitly promised a Cybertruck update soon (not the first time though)
  • Giga Austin is opening soon, which would be a great time for a CT update
  • He said "Blow the whistle on Tesla" which would cleanly fit with the recent anti-corruption theme or with a major announcement

Reactions: CarlS and Ogre
Musks comments on the Hertz deal made me think about his comments on the share price being “too high”.

Everyone interpreted the ”too high” post to mean he thought Tesla was overvalued. What he meant was the stock was ripe for a split.

Similarly when Musk downplayed the Hertz deal, I think a lot of people interpreted that as well. Musk was suggesting the Hertz deal wasn’t a big deal because they couldn’t keep up with demand already so it made no difference. I think he was hinting that there is another shoe that will drop soon.

Not necessarily another split, but perhaps that there are some positive surprises with regards to production growth coming soon. That might be Cybertruck production coming online (unlikely if I’m honest), or 4680 cell production ramp being faster than expected, or perhaps just that the twin factories production estimates were seriously sandbagged.

If “12/9” means anything, I’m wondering if it relates to that Hertz comment.

He explicitly promised a Cybertruck update soon

3 days ago, Elon explicitly promised that he'd provide an updated Tesla product roadmap on the Q4 Conference Call:

I highly doubt Elon is planning separate updates. It's likely gonna be about Jan 26, 2022 for the product update, which of course will feature the Cybertruck.

Cheers!

More Rob Graves, a rehash of what’s gone on as well as some juicy new tidbits

He's clearly pulling data out of his arse.

He says "If 934,091 is really supposed to be a hint, this would make sense, as the iPhone is the most common phone in the US by far; that's the one it would "work" on."

Umm.. NOPE!

From: Android vs. iOS – Smartphone OS sales market share evolution

1638536070376.png

He's clearly pulling data out of his arse.

He says "If 934,091 is really supposed to be a hint, this would make sense, as the iPhone is the most common phone in the US by far; that's the one it would "work" on."

Umm.. NOPE!

From: Android vs. iOS – Smartphone OS sales market share evolution

View attachment 740103
Now who's reaching?

1: The claim was Apple is the most common phone, Android is a phone OS.
2: Apple lead in sales the last 7 quarters per US Smartphone Market Share: By Quarter: Counterpoint
3: Any data regarding new phone sales overlooks the percentage of phones in use (i.e. previous generations still active)

Regardless, the better argument for the article would be that Elon uses iPhone.

Something something something too much
-Hamlet

from @Drezil over in the Selling Options thread:

"IBKR notified me 1 hour ago:

CORPORATE EVENTS
Note: The following were generated over an hour ago.
Things may have changed since then.

Upcoming Corporate Events (up to 5 per account)
SymbolTSLA
EventTesla Inc at Deutsche Bank AutoTech Conference (Virtual) (20211209T105900+0000)
DateDec 09, 2021

What event was planned/is happening on 12/09? .. Just a talk with a "one-more-thing"-announcement?
I mean .. 12/09 was all over the place, but this is a concrete event TSLA will attend at."

3 days ago, Elon explicitly promised that he'd provide an updated Tesla product roadmap on the Q4 Conference Call:

I highly doubt Elon is planning separate updates. It's likely gonna be about Jan 26, 2022 for the product update, which of course will feature the Cybertruck.

Cheers!
I doubt it too but not highly so.

Today he's already giving CT updates on confirmation of 4 motor variant being initial production and that it will be able to drive in any direction.

Reactions: CarlS and Ogre
I doubt it too but not highly so.

Today he's already giving CT updates on confirmation of 4 motor variant being initial production and that it will be able to drive in any direction.
Indeed, him spilling the beans on the quad motor and reiterating roadmap at earnings pretty much deflates any expectation of a Cybertruck announcement on the 9th.

Elon recently tweeted "Laws are on one side, poets on the other", a paraphrase of a quotation from one of his favorite books. If it carries much 12/9 significance I'm not sure.

"We are born adventurers, and the love of adventures never leaves us till we are very old; old, timid men, in whose interest it is that adventure should quite die out. This is why all the poets are on one side, and all the laws on the other; for laws are made by, and usually for, old men"
- Bolitho, from his book Twelve Against the Gods: The Story of Adventure

In this whackadoodle world, everything has a double meaning.

hmmm.. for "double meaning" to have a double meaning (2), it must have a single meaning (1). There's 1 and 2 or 12. There are 9 words in the above quoted post. All signs point to 12/9. It's just science at this point.

ps - there are 12 letters in "whackadoodle", thus reinforcing the message.

:cool: