Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Numerology on Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, no responses... is 12/9 OT? My apologies if so.
If not, are we just not connecting 2 dots even if they occupied the same space? Folks, I see a Model 2 reveal as the most likely announcement and meaning of the date shown at the end of China's video. Anyone else?
If anything is going to happen, I think @SOULPEDL identifies the most likely thing in this post. (In case it gets deleted or moved from the main thread, they say: "I see a Model 2 reveal as the most likely announcement and meaning of the date shown at the end of China's video"

If anything is going to happen, I think @SOULPEDL identifies the most likely thing in this post. (In case it gets deleted or moved from the main thread, they say: "I see a Model 2 reveal as the most likely announcement and meaning of the date shown at the end of China's video"
Thank you! I was trying to clarify offline with the Mod, but deleted along with any further discussion on that. The part of what they said was "garbage" is unclear. I'm fairly maxed out on TSLA stock, but had considered shifting a few to calls on things we shall not discuss.

"Problem with rules and regulations is there is no mechanism for removing them." EM

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Not sure what the point of arguing of trying to parse what might/ might not happen tomorrow.

Either way we can retire the thread and those of us foolish enough to have put money (I will admit to taking a small bet out on the outcome) will have to deal with the results of our own silliness.

Or if there is something going on, those who didn’t participate won’t be coming back here to listen to the gloating.

My personal thought was I would profit from the hype, but turns out the hype had far less impact that than Musks selling and macro issues.

Still think there is a small chance something will be announced but not holding my breath.

Reactions: Buckminster

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've considered this possibility as well, and up until now haven't included it in my Top-10+ list(s), for these two reasons:
  1. Elon said specifically at the 2021 AGM that Tesla would look at potential new factory locations in 2022, and then make a decision in 2023, and
  2. Elon also said previously that Tesla would not introduce its $25K compact car before the Model Y was fully ramped (meaning Berlin and Austin)
So is a Model 2 announcement possibly on the table now? Well perhaps, if:
  1. we interpret an expansion to the Giga Shanghai footprint on the lot to the East of the new R&D Center as NOT being a new Gigafactory, and
  2. that the new Model 2/Z factory would not be complete and delivering cars before Model Y is ramped (which implies 2023), which may be a reasonable timeline.
Hmmm... ;)

EDIT:

One final thought: German foot-dragging / recidivism on Giga Berlin MAY have been a factor in a decision to accelerate the timetable for Model 2 production in China. If so, good for the people of Germany: they'll get the products they demand much sooner that way.

Last edited:
OMG, read that twitter thread, 12/10 = 12/9 in US. Viola!

My theory since viewing WSJ was that Elon did not lie on camera... somehow in his choice of words. I watched it again this AM, still puzzled. But this China video appears to be the most likely answer, because it's NOT 12/9.

(Reproduced from the main thread as it may be zapped w/o notice there)

Agreed 100% 12/10 in China = 12/9 in US

For the record, Sawyer's Tweet twitter.com /SawyerMerritt/status/1468615730434383878
and the original video link on Weibo m.weibo.cn/u/3615027564#&video

View attachment 742021

Not thinking it's silly, I cancelled a chair sale at 1099 SP and leaning toward riding out the weekend with a full stack of chairs. I believe timing could be Friday after-hours in the US, and let people digest any new market valuation over the weekend. Plus, Friday could be brutal in the absence of news which could be part of some trap for a surprise Monday.
I can only imagine that hesitance here was to caution against high-risk options gambling on some unclear assumptions. So to clarify, I was only suggesting adding 1 or 2 calls as I'm currently at my maximum holding as a % total of TSLA ever, thinking I shouldn't pass this up yet again. But that's another thread altogether and I'm fine just HODLing until further data.

Reactions: UltradoomY
  1. we interpret an expansion to the Giga Shanghai footprint on the lot to the East of the new R&D Center as NOT being a new Gigafactory, and
  2. that the new Model 2/Z factory would not be complete and delivering cars before Model Y is ramped (which implies 2023), which may be a reasonable timeline.
Hmmm... ;)

Cheers!
#1 could be just a reveal and some price with specs, in Chinese. Avail when the Y is done ramping as you say, but isn't that like 2029 or later?
Maybe '22 initial production but just guessing (based on how freakin fast the Chinese can operate).

#1 could be just a reveal and some price with specs, in Chinese. Avail when the Y is done ramping as you say, but isn't that like 2029 or later?
Maybe '22 initial production but just guessing (based on how freakin fast the Chinese can operate).

Model Y CAN NOT be finished ramping production until 4680 cells are produced on site and available in large quantities. That means early 2023 is possible for Austin, and likely even later than that for Berlin.

I personally think it'd be grate if Elon says "No Model 2 for Berlin, you'll get those from China. Instead, we're going to build an E-Bike on the land previously reserved for Model 2".

:p

Elon also said previously that Tesla would not introduce its $25K compact car before the Model Y was fully ramped (meaning Berlin and Austin)

Hummm, could it not be said that Y has ramped in Shanghai? They are >1k/day

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Hummm, could it not be said that Y has ramped in Shanghai? They are >1k/day

Yes, of course that's true. But I think Elon was referring specifically to ramping Model Y at the two new factories. It's a business/cash flow issue: Model Y profits will pay for the capital costs of Model 2. That way Tesla never has to go back to Wall St. with hat in hand.

I think this has been the plan since Elon made the "Tesla will be self-funded" comment back on the 2019Q2 Conference Call:

Cheers!

Yes, of course that's true. But I think Elon was referring specifically to ramping Model Y at the two new factories. It's a business/cash flow issue: Model Y profits will pay for the capital costs of Model 2. That way Tesla never has to go back to Wall St. with hat in hand.

I think this has been the plan since Elon made the "Tesla will be self-funded" comment back on the 2019Q2 Conference Call:

Cheers!
Running with this idea for the heck of it:
In some ways, Shanghai can be viewed as its own entity.
Shanghai has its own plant/ engineering team, plus R&D. Those resources need to be kept busy.
Profits from China may easier fund development in China rather than repatriating the profits (as shown with early payoff of 1.4B loan).

With Tesla's cash balance and China's success in ramping 3 and Y I don't see a reason to delay further progress. Unless there is a supply chain bottleneck or Shanghai engineering is supporting Berlin.

Can you ignore someone on a thread only? Not forum wide ignore, just on a certain numerology thread. 🙄

Asking for a friend. TIA
How about just being able to put a member in time-out for a set number of days.

In my case it’s not primarily about this thread, but it would be nice to be able to Penalty-Box someone that is pushing your buttons at the moment but you really don’t want to put on permanent ignore. In fact… I almost think that should be the default.

How about just being able to put a member in time-out for a set number of days.

In my case it’s not primarily about this thread, but it would be nice to be able to Penalty-Box someone that is pushing your buttons at the moment but you really don’t want to put on permanent ignore. In fact… I almost think that should be the default.
You can just take them off ignore whenever you want. You can also click "Display ignored content" on any thread or post.

You can just take them off ignore whenever you want. You can also click "Display ignored content" on any thread or post.
I know… and I do. But sometimes I get overly engaged in a debate and the best way for me to walk away from it is putting someone on ignore. They don’t necessarily “deserve” to be there, but I can get sucked into a vortex of talking around someone and it’s just better if I don’t talk to them for a day or two. It would just be a nice shortcut.