Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Numerology on Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good way to test this: pick a different date and see if you can find a similar number of coincidences. Might be a good way to verify the theory.
I tried this with the prime factorization coincidences and with picking random other tweets from Elon's history over the years.

Nothing like what we've seen in these breadcrumbs (except after about 20 tries I stumbled across a prime number that happened to begin with 129 and end with 69 or something like that, but that was obviously a fluke because it wasn't even addition, just a random grouping of these digits.)

I've been a Fall/Winter 2021 stock split skeptic from the get-go, but the number of Elon breadcrumbs for 12/9 is getting ridiculous.

View attachment 735020
FElrba-VkAEs44s

What is the relation of that picture to 1209? Removing '1209' from the search still shows the same image, and when I click that link, I see no relation to 1209 within that link, either:

1637372825649.png

1637372842381.png

What is the relation of that picture to 1209? Removing '1209' from the search still shows the same image, and when I click that link, I see no relation to 1209 within that link, either:

View attachment 735048

View attachment 735049
The Isle of Iona was raided by the Vikings in 1209-1210.

So, something might happen on 12/9.

21 days to go.

The holidays might be explosive.

Your thoughts?
My thought re: 12/9 is this. If 12/9 is a momentous date, as you theorize, it is most likely to be the distribution date of a split as opposed to an announcement. I.e., announcement of split would have to come sooner. Another consideration is the potential addition to the DOW 30.

My thought re: 12/9 is this. If 12/9 is a momentous date, as you theorize, it is most likely to be the distribution date of a split as opposed to an announcement. I.e., announcement of split would have to come sooner. Another consideration is the potential addition to the DOW 30.
If you don’t mind me asking, why would 12/9 be a distribution date instead of an announcement? Thank you.

Reactions: LightngMcQueen
This was even more of a breadcrumb than it appears, as @mickificki shared on the numerology thread.

"A simpler time, it was" happens to be an anagram.

Or alternatively if you don't like flipping an 'm' to a 'w':

People often discount how playful Elon is, and how much he enjoys these puzzles. Recall the fun we had with his "hex2ascii" tweet on Jul 14, 2021

OK. On a boooring trading day, contemplate THIS:

If we Convert Hex to ASCII then "48 61 68 61 20 74 72 75 65" equals "Haha true".

Folks, this IS the way Elon thinks, regardless of the way any MODS may feel about it...

Word.

If 12/9 is a momentous date, as you theorize, it is most likely to be the distribution date of a split as opposed to an announcement.

HIGHLY unlikely to be a distribution date on a Thursday (Dec 9, 2021).

The DD for the last split was Fri, Aug 28, 2020 after the Close.

Depending upon the split multiple involved, Tesla would presumably also need to add min. 10 days to the schedule for a special vote by shareholders to authorize more than 2.4 billion shares (2B currently allow, plus the BoD can exceed that by 20% w/o a shareholders vote).

So, lots of moving parts here. Elon must love this... and Zack took an extra mil in Ca$h today. Oh, bother!

Cheers!

Last edited:
People often discount how playful Elon is, and how much he enjoys these puzzles. Recall the fun we had with his "hex2ascii" tweet on Jul 14, 2021

If we Convert Hex to ASCII then "48 61 68 61 20 74 72 75 65" equals "Haha true".

Folks, this IS the way Elon thinks, regardless of the way any MODS may feel about it...

Word.
OK there's one main problem I have with all this; Elon is already so busy with all the work he's got going in his world, how on earth would he have time to come up with something as complex as this? Unless... he's a mad genius?

OK, never mind. :oops::rolleyes:o_O🤣

My gut tells me people are seeing things they want to see where there really isn't anything at all, and 12/9 will come and go with nothing special happening.

My heart tells me on 12/9 we'll get the following announcements:
1. A new 5:1 split of the stock
2. Giga Austin begins production
3. Giga Berlin begins production
4. Cybertruck begins production
5. Semi begins production
6. Roadster begins production
7. 4680 battery lines begin production in both Austin & Berlin
8. Starship 20 launches and achieves orbit for the first time
9. SpaceX announces the Starlink IPO

The truth is probably somewhere in between! :p

OK there's one main problem I have with all this; Elon is already so busy with all the work he's got going in his world, how on earth would he have time to come up with something as complex as this? Unless... he's a mad genius?

OK, never mind. :oops::rolleyes:o_O🤣

Haha, well Elon's no Dr. Evil if that's what you mean.

Elon as Dr Evil.jpg

Cheers!

HIGHLY unlikely to be a distribution date on a Thursday (Dec 9, 2021).

The DD for the last split was Fri, Aug 28, 2020 after the Close.

So, let's continue exploring this rabbit warren. Way back during the August 2020 5:1 split, there was an interesting coincidence in timing between the Split Announcement and the NASDAQ Short Interest data release.

Specifically, SI data for July 31, 2020 was released just before Tesla announced their 5:1 split during the After-hrs session on Aug 11, 2020: (here was the TSLA SP reaction)

TSLA.chart.2020-08-11.png

At that time, I used the SI volume to estimate the number of phantom shares created via naked short selling (assumed a 1:1 short/naked as a 1st approximation). This allowed me to use a simple supply and demand microeconomics model to predict a 90% increase in the SP due to the forced naked short covering. Turns out that was very close.

In the event, TSLA SP rose exactly 96% from $1374 to $2,700 pre-split (or $540 post-split) peaking in the Pre-market on Tue, Sep 01 just before Tesla's 7:00 a.m. SEC filing for their $5B Equity Offering: (here's the Pre-market reaction from Sep 01, 2020)

TSLA.2020-09-01.09-30.png

Recall that during this time, many Retail Brokers were *unable* to deliver the Dividend Shares to their Beneficial Owners (read: Retail customers of the Broker), and MANY excuses were offered as to why they had not received their shares from the Clearing House. Yeah, they were unable because they weren't ENTITLED to any more shares because they were NAKED SHORT. All this occurred as I predicted in advance, and posted here in this thread around Aug 14, 2020.

Let's also take note of this further coincidence: the $5B Equity Offering filed on Sep 01, 2020 was equal to the estimated value of shares that naked shorts would be forced to purchase as a minimum (also predicted by the Aug 11 SI data). IMO, Tesla gave an escape door for MM/hedge funds, who gladly coughed up $5B in about 24 hrs to escape their predicament (caught naked short).

BTW, that $5B paid for Giga Texas in full, with a tidy sum left over for future debt repayments (thanks shortie, wouldn't wanna be ya) :D Note also that this did not END the practice of naked shorting TSLA, it was just the MINIMUM number of shares required to cover by abusive naked short sellers (mainly MMs with the Options exemption, but TSLA has about 28 different MMs).

So now, fast-forwarding, let's take note of these Dates for Nov/Dec 2021, extracted from the NASDAQ Short Interest Publication Schedule:

NovemberSettlement DateDue Date- 6 p.m.Dissemination Date
after 4 p.m., ET
11/30/202112/2/202112/9/2021

OH GEEZ. There's that DATE again: 12/9

So this means that any naked shortz not covered as of Nov 30, 2021 WILL be vulnerable on Dec 09, 2021 if not covered via purchasing a real TSLA share (one which is registered with the National Clearing House, not just an entry in the MMs internal ledger).

But this time around, Elon is providing both an escape hatch (his share sales), and fair warning (all those twitter hints) to any MM/hedgies who DID NOT LEARN from the beating they took in Aug/Sep 2020: DUCK AND COVER, or SUFFER. We can attribute some of this week's SP runup to that "learning process" working on shortzes.

We saw in Jan 2021 with the Gamestop $GME trading disaster that highly exposed Retail Brokers are VULNERABLE to default/bankrupcy (mainly Robin Hood and Melvin Capital, but also Interactive Brokers to name a few).

When there are more legal obligations to purchase shares than the total number of shares that exist ($GME short interest was 134% of their total stock on about Jan 26, 2021), its a major problem for the Market. This event nearly caused the collapse of several large players, which desparately halted BUYING ONLY for GME, but retail suckers bagholders traders suckers were allowed to SELL as the SP collapsed. Also, Melvin Capital needed a $2.8B bailout from Citadel (which implies their own risk was even higher, if that was their best solution). It happened to $GME.

Now fast-forward to Dec 2021:
  • Tesla does NOT need any Capital; so no rescue forthcoming via an Equity Offering
  • S&P 500 Index and Benchmarked Funds combined hold ~$300B of TSLA shares
  • large funds are direct holders of their shares, which can not be faked on a ledger
  • on the split comes, big players will DEMAND all their rightfully owned dividend shares
  • its possible a share dividend may trigger a recall by Funds which have loaned shares
  • competition for the remaining float will be intense as legal shortzes scramble to cover
Any remaning naked shortzes will also have to compete for that shrinking float, as HODL'rs won't sell and MOMO traders jump in with both boots. And then it's the ...

SQUEEZE.

This is my prediction going forward:
  • Thu, Dec 9, 2021 Tesla announces share dividend (split ratio TBD)
  • December TSLA SP run-up continues in an epic "Santa Claus Rally"
  • Thu, Dec 23, 2021 new shares Distribution Date (D-Day, Merry Xmas!)
  • Mon, Dec 27, 2021 TSLA begins trading with these new Dividend shares
    • certain Retail Brokers are AGAIN unable to deliver those shares
    • excuses and cries of 'foul' flood the Media (who's Xmas is spoiled)
    • the short squeeze begins in earnest with exponential runup
    • Tesla DOES NOT offer an Equity rescue (humming Carols instead)
  • Jan 2022:
    • some Financial instititutions collapse (looking at JPMorgan)
    • Congress gets involved (so nothing happens)
    • stalemate is not an option
So what does the end game look like? Well, SEC Regulation SHO, Rule 201 "the options market maker's exemption to the prohibition against naked shorting" a.k.a. the "Madoff Rule" has to be the target of this gambit. If Rule 201 is not fixed in a meaningful way, Tesla can repeat this forever going forward as Elon sells 10% year after year.

Untenable... Must fix... Rasputin... China syndrome... Manhatten Project.

Just one last point to make for any doubters who are still reading this: before Bernie Madoff died in prison for his multi-billion dollar fraud ponzi scheme, before Bernie drafted the "Madoff Rule" which is Regulation SHO, Rule 201, Bernie Madoff was the President of NASDAQ.

This can happen. Worse things have happened in the past. We just don't think much about it.

Word.

Last edited: