Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Numerology on Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to think its more about the options leverage and the ensuing unwinding activity. we've seen it both ways despite a reduction in sort interest.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/tsla/short-interest
short interest is 28,075,921 as of 10/29

it hasn't been near 40m since June

View attachment 735757

yet we still have wild volatility

I wonder, how much what we are thinking is naked shorting is actually just a result of increasing leveraged options activity.
the market maker, who's delta neutral, may be less likely to be short obscene amounts of shares, when they can use options hedging, as we know. they have many options strategies to hedge delta neutral.

an HFT or proprietary trade shop who is NOT subject to the same market maker rules (they don't have exemption, and are more likely to carry proprietary positions and NOT be delta neutral) can just synthetically short
- Short Combination | Synthetic Short Stock - The Options Playbook
which aren't reported anywhere, except somewhat via options open interest activity, and can drive that self-fulfilling momentum until it unwinds

this could explain why short interest seems reasonable compared to historical %ages - if you want to call ~$31b bet against Tesla reasonable

not validation of the point brought up over weekend, but interesting that recent tsla options volume,
compared to rest, is outlier

the one picture, the excerpt starts out by saying retail investors are driving the options boom. the first picture shows nearly $250b of notional options value exchanged in the 3 weeks leading into 11/15. im sure no prop or HFT volume attributed to that ~250b…, right FinTimes (then again, i’m just a gullible sheep…so TIFWIW)

Last edited:
1637705443116-png.736560

I guess one could assume that 9.21 is 12.9 backwards. Just sayin...

Ok numerologists, 934 091’s only two prime factors are 229 x 4079. Mean anything to anyone?
Used to be thought of as a trigger for recognition of a SETI message. Take the binary representation of 934091, arrange the 1's and 0's in a 229x4079 or 4079x229 matrix and a recognizable image will appear in one of them. Admittedly, in this case it would be a long/tall, skinny image.

edit: on reflection I must have remembered that wrong. The first number is the rows/columns key, it would then be followed by a binary string representing the pixels.

edit2: upon further time in the regeneration chamber, my recollection is that the number of binary digits (pixels) would itself be a prime-factorable number which would give the rows/columns clue. More compact data transmission that way. So… never mind.

Last edited:
Is 934,091:

A. The number of shares Elon's 10b5-1 plan set forth to sell per day
B. The number of Tesla vehicles projected (as of Sept) to be produced in 2021
C. The number of Tesla vehicles projected to be sold in 2021
D. All of the above?

When reversed: March 9th 1904 was loudspeaker designer Paul Klipsch's birthday. Also the date of the first hockey goal by a defenseman.

Ok numerologists, 934 091’s only two prime factors are 229 x 4079. Mean anything to anyone?
Discussed on page 1

1637781715644.png

Also the other share purchase numbers are suspicious:

3088047 also has a simple prime factorization: 3 x 1029349.
10 + 2 = 12
12 then 9 again.
3 x 4 = 12, then another 9.
12 then 9 again!

Likewise, 639737 has a simple prime factorization: 7 x 59 x 1549
7 + 5 = 12
Yet another 12 then 9!!
Also 59 + 1 + 5 + 4 = 69!