TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nvidia autonomous links

Discussion in 'Autonomous Vehicles' started by kurdakov, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

Before anyone says "Tesla will use this in AP2.0":

"Xavier samples will be available the fourth quarter of 2017 to automakers, tier 1 suppliers, startups and research institutions who are developing self-driving cars."

2. 3Victoria

3Victoria Active Member

3. kurdakov

kurdakov Member

browsed text on youtube below video and found
    a link which leads to NVIDIA DRIVE auto-pilot and cockpit computers
    where Tesla is listed as a partner ( icon on partner list ) and current processor NVIDIA DRIVE PX 2 is mentioned.

So AP2.0 still might use nvidia DRIVE PX 2. And then maybe AP3.0 ( AP2.5?) will use more efficient processor

4. theboom1

theboom1 Member

Pretty impressive. Could do wonders for autopilot systems. But the off-road driving parts and pretty sure we're done with pre determined routes. Therefore could more easily be done just by the driver and be more versatile. I want it though, badly. As long as I can turn it off when I want to drive or use my vehicle for utility purposes.