TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

NVX Aftermarket 10" custom subwoofer enclosure for Tesla MS in trunk cubby

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by yobigd20, May 29, 2014.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I found this posted on one of the facebook forums. Looks like it's the first production custom subwoofer enclosure I've seen for the MS. I've been wanting to fabricate my own custom box for that little cubby. I know many of us have been longing for deeper bass. I know nothing of this company or the quality of the product, but I just thought I'd point it out. Note that this is just an enclosure and subwoofer. You'd still need to add an amp and somehow hook up to the audio system.

"Pre-installed in the enclosure is our CEA Certified NVX VCW 104. This 10" Dual 4-ohm VCW Series Car Subwoofer has a Power Range (RMS) 600-750 watts wired to a 2 ohm mono load, giving you endless options for amps to power this amazing sub package."

BE-TSLAS-VCW104 B.O.O.S.T. Series Bass Enclosure for Telsa Model S

after_nvx_tesla1.jpg

2. MichaelS

MichaelS Member

Looks pretty good and I'd be interested except the fact that there is no grill to protect the woofer. One bump and you've destroyed the cone. The speaker does not even look recessed.

3. Bulletproof

Bulletproof Vendor

Hawthorne, CA adjacent to the Supercharger & Desig
    Hopefully JL Audio has a stealthbox in the making, I think it would be something worth waiting for.

4. yobigd20

Yes I love JL subs...would definitely buy one if they make it.

5. yobigd20

#5 yobigd20, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    I sent an email to JL Audio and they responded that while they don't have anything in the works their R&D department was looking for some new projects and for me to repost on their facebook page to see if there is more interest.

response:
    so go here: https://www.facebook.com/jlaudio and switch to 'posts by others' and add your support to my post!

6. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

I posted, looking to amp up my sound studio sound just a little

7. Bulletproof

Bulletproof Vendor

Hawthorne, CA adjacent to the Supercharger & Desig
    Nice job Dennis! I found your post on JL Audio and commented/liked it. My family owns an audio shop in south Texas, we've been a dealer of JL Audio since the 1980's I'll tell my father to give them a call to put in a recommendation for a Model S, hearing from a dealer may be very beneficial and could help speed up the process. :smile: I'm sure something like this possibly wouldn't release till 2015 but it would be premium quality and well worth the wait.
    -Karissa

8. yobigd20

awesome! thanks Karissa!

9. dark

dark Member

I just installed the NVX, and followed the youtube video to install the amp at the Frunk Cubby. My car is at the Tesla for service and they need to replace my horn.

Problem is, they said the newer model s, they need to access the cubby and the horn module is also located behind it.

Therefore, they can't perform the work unless I remove the amp. Crap, anyone who installed the amp in the frunk have any resolution?

10. yobigd20

Maybe you can just use quick disconnects for next time.

11. dark

dark Member

Possible, but every annual service I have to remove the amp. I probably will relocate it.