Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Amp Power Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok finally fixed the issue. This has been an interesting process. Much thanks to everyone helping and pointing to the right direction.
I’m glad you were able to figure out the problem. My 2016 S is going in for a MCU2 upgrade in a few weeks and I also have been enjoying my NVX subwoofer for the past four years with MCU1. I am worried that something will happen during the MCU2 upgrade that will make the NVX sub stop working just like you experienced. Do you have any advice about what I should tell the Tesla Service Center about the NVX when I bring my car in for the MCU2 upgrade?

The local SC did an MCU1 replacement last August and then MCU2 in February. No issues with my amps. The wiring for the MCU really doesn't have anything to do with the amp's power wires that come straight from the 12v. At best they could see where the amp gets its signal, but I think a lot of shops get it from the footwell. I'm not sure why the OP's ground wire was disconnected all the way in the back. I believe all the work for MCU2 is in the dash.

I’m glad you were able to figure out the problem. My 2016 S is going in for a MCU2 upgrade in a few weeks and I also have been enjoying my NVX subwoofer for the past four years with MCU1. I am worried that something will happen during the MCU2 upgrade that will make the NVX sub stop working just like you experienced. Do you have any advice about what I should tell the Tesla Service Center about the NVX when I bring my car in for the MCU2 upgrade?
Have them take a picture of all the wires connection before and after to ensure they reconnected everything

I got the upgrade on my 2016 and no issues.