Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Boost Subwoofer upgrade - installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is the factory sub located in the MY?

It is in front of the right cubby.

I upgraded my factory sub. JL Audio 8W3v3 fit near perfectly. Will power it with a Helix M One amp.

cSxCey1.jpg
1sZnF8b.jpg

Reactions: flixden
NVX subs literally fell apart. Avoid their subs! The middle cone cover fell off and the subs blew.

Upgraded to JL 10W3v3-4. Love these! The bass is so much cleaner and tighter.

I had to dremel the enclosure because the JL's wouldn't drop in. The NVX enclosures have a smaller-than-normal diameter for the sub lip.

I wish I went with a bigger amp so I can run a louder signal without clipping.

20231202_134640.jpg
20231202_152608.jpg

Do they make a grill for that sub? The NVX system is nice for the custom box. They used their entry level sub, probably not as robust as other options.

Edit: I see you used a 4 ohm sub. With two running in parallel you get a 2 ohm load. Any reason you selected this vs the 2 ohm version for a 1 ohm load?

Upgrade to a 1,000 watt amp 😉

Last edited:
Right at the drivers side against the seat. Easy to run the wires here and really easy to access when driving. Armrest is nice but you would be opening and closing it all of the time. You are so close.

Excuse the dirty car as well, dogs shed really bad!View attachment 957546View attachment 957547
I’m considering upgrading to the 1000watt nvx amp and I’m curious on what this switch operates or cuts off?

Hi, the remote OUT from the LOC goes into this switch, then the other side goes back into the Amplifier. You can then toggle the amp on and off separately from the LOC. Not a lot of power going through this wire.

Have yet to have an issue since installing and I always turn it off when parking or when not needing the bass. 100% turn it off during software updates.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
Hi, the remote OUT from the LOC goes into this switch, then the other side goes back into the Amplifier. You can then toggle the amp on and off separately from the LOC. Not a lot of power going through this wire.

Have yet to have an issue since installing and I always turn it off when parking or when not needing the bass. 100% turn it off during software updates.
Thanks. Need to look into this bc I’m grabbing a dsp for my setup now. LOC is going to be removed and rca from subs will be running to the DSP.

Wow, keep us posted on this install looks exciting. You will not regret the 1K sub amp as long as you take precautions to keep the 12V battery happy.
Full writeup. Speakers are on crack / cocaine now.

Reactions: St3phen and Kwame