Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Boost Subwoofer upgrade - installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you splice for the switch? The remote wire going from the LOC to the amp? Looks great. Any pop sound when switching the amp on or off? Where did you find the rocker switch? Thanks!
Wired it between remote out from LOC and remote in for the amp. Very low amperage going through this remote turn on lead.

Simple switch from Amazon, easy and works great. It completes the circuit, no pop sound at all.

JIANFA Car Push Button Switch DIY Switch Off/ON Universal DC12V Switch for Fog Driving Lights neon Lights LED Light bar etc. Amazon.com

Reactions: rolling green
Wired it between remote out from LOC and remote in for the amp. Very low amperage going through this remote turn on lead.

Simple switch from Amazon, easy and works great. It completes the circuit, no pop sound at all.

JIANFA Car Push Button Switch DIY Switch Off/ON Universal DC12V Switch for Fog Driving Lights neon Lights LED Light bar etc. Amazon.com
You the man. I appreciate it!

Reactions: C-Bus Y
Curiosity killed the cat, I wanted a bit more bass.

Installed the NVX 1,000W amp this weekend. To add a layer of safety I also installed a manual switch for the amp turn on lead and can fully disable the amp when not using. This should keep the 12V battery healthier.

Sounds amazing, hits much harder. Need to trace down some new rattles. 😂

View attachment 802045View attachment 802046
Hello, I'm thinking of doing a similar install, how did you wire the remote turn on switch?

Where did you all ground the amp? I'm adding an Audio Control 800.1 and plan on getting power from the Penthouse but I'm not sure where to ground the amp. Additionally, I bought a harness that plugs into the subwoofer input but I'm not sure which color is which

I grounded mine on the mounting bolt for the factory sub box. You can see it under the washer. Worked fine.
12F551E9-F140-4E86-813D-9FADDCE97238.png

Reactions: rolling green
Has anyone gotten the NVX kit installed in their 7-seater? Their website used to say 5-seater only but I'm not seeing that detail listed anymore. I'd be having a shop install the equipment.

I currently have two 10s and an amp in the back of my Chevy Trax (MY will hopefully be delivered soon!) that I'm happy with. If anyone is willing to give an opinion, would be better to see if a shop could build enclosures for the storage bin areas using my existing stuff? If not I'd probably just buy the NVX subs, reuse my amp, and sell my current subs.

Last edited:
Reactions: t-mo
Has anyone gotten the NVX kit installed in their 7-seater? Their website used to say 5-seater only but I'm not seeing that detail listed anymore. I'd be having a shop install the equipment.

I currently have two 10s and an amp in the back of my Chevy Trax (MY will hopefully be delivered soon!) that I'm happy with. If anyone is willing to give an opinion, would be better to see if a shop could build enclosures for the storage bin areas using my existing stuff? If not I'd probably just buy the NVX subs, reuse my amp, and sell my current subs.
Believe the rear pockets on the 7 seater are slightly different and these boxes will not fit. Bummer.

I have the nvx enclosure & sub but wanted more power. I went with the AudioControl LC1.800. It has the built in line level inputs LC2i. I got a warning right away once everything was plugged in. I used the speaker level turn on option (GTO). For people that are worried it doesn't harm the vehicle. At first, I would pop the trunk & turn off the (GTO) switch when leaving the vehicle, but now I just installed a rocker switch up front on the side of the center console. If i forget to turn it off, i will either get a warning in the morning, which i will do the reset (10min) super easy, or I get lucky & there is no warning. Its all randomn. It is a really easy install. If anyone needs help in the Seattle area just message me.
Hello, I have a similar setup with the same exact amp. Where did you connect the power side of the switch to? I have the power side connected to the penthouse and the other side connected to my remote in on the amp but I'm still running into issues.