Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Subwoofer Install with pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the NVX 10" Subwoofer kit in my P85D this week. Ended up putting the amp right under the sub in the trunk, since there is no cubby to hide in the frunk. I didnt upgrade to UHF and so glad I didn't. This sounds so much better, looks great and saved me a few bucks. Added a trunk light while we were at it also.
16437941381_0e9bb5e2f1_c.jpg16253794207_e605a4cbdb_c.jpg15817189364_41082145eb_c.jpg 16253451419_c232ca7051_c.jpg

Reactions: OBX John
How did you get your inputs? Did you take them off of the rear speakers or front speakers? Both or just one side? Did you go directly to the amp with the speaker inputs or thru a speaker to RCA adapter?
Looks nice.

How did you get your inputs? Did you take them off of the rear speakers or front speakers? Both or just one side? Did you go directly to the amp with the speaker inputs or thru a speaker to RCA adapter?
Looks nice.
The kit from NVX comes with an AudioControl lc2i. We used the front speakers to the Lc2i, then rca's from the lc2i to the amp in the back.

Nice install relagustin. How much has sound quality improved for you?

Its a pretty dramatic increase from having the standard audio. My system lacked almost all low frequencies. If you have the Ultra High Fidelity upgrade, i still think it sounds better, giving deeper and louder bass when you want it. When I test drove and listened to the audio system in the demo cars before I ordered, i didn't feel the upgrade was worth the cost. The NVX enclosure is very well built and the Sub sound quality exceeded my expectations. $1000 delivered from Evanexx for the sub/enclosure, AudioControl LC2i, Amp and Wiring Kit was well worth it, in my opinion. If it sounded like this when I demoed, I definitely would have paid the upgrade cost.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi!

Nice install :)
Do the charging light work?
I have installed a sub too ( selfmade..) but my chargelight didn't work when my sub is installed :(

Thanks

Mario

Everything still works as normal.

Reactions: ‘Merica
Its a pretty dramatic increase from having the standard audio. My system lacked almost all low frequencies. If you have the Ultra High Fidelity upgrade, i still think it sounds better, giving deeper and louder bass when you want it. When I test drove and listened to the audio system in the demo cars before I ordered, i didn't feel the upgrade was worth the cost. The NVX enclosure is very well built and the Sub sound quality exceeded my expectations. $1000 delivered from Evanexx for the sub/enclosure, AudioControl LC2i, Amp and Wiring Kit was well worth it, in my opinion. If it sounded like this when I demoed, I definitely would have paid the upgrade cost.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything still works as normal.

Thanks!

Then I must check my sub...
Hope, i find the problem..

CU

Mario

There's a video online that shows how to do the complete install. Hardest part would be removing and installing all the panels. Google Nvx subwoofer install and you'll find the video. I just wanted to show others where the amp could go if they don't have the front cubby.

I am awaiting a RWD 85 and interesting in doing such an install. I am not terrible concerned about doing myself (though I easily could be convinced to hire an audio shop to do it), but I wonder about tuning. It looks like the Audiocontrol lc2i has variable options and I'm no audiophile to know what to "look" for to do the tuning. And particular reason I couldn't put the amp back there as well? Is that cubby where people are putting their charging cables, or are they putting it in the slot where you just installed the sub?

No grill. I'm still trying to figure out what to do there. I want a nice clean look.

If you want a clean look here is what you can do. I ask for your forgiveness ahead of time, but the results speak for themselves:

Go out to Walmart and get a roll of black automotive fabric. Cut out a piece that is just roughly bigger than the NVX and basically wrap it around it, tucking in the sides with a few strips of adhesive velco. The fabric is porous enough to not block any sound, but the fabric is literally a perfect match for the factory fabric. Voila, no one will know you have a sub back there. And it is way less austintacious than any of the grills I looked at.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/37729-Subwoofer-Installation-in-Model-S

Looks great, I am so afraid of hurting my car I wouldnt dare install it. I always thought this grill looked nice

2014-10-23%2013.43.20-1.jpg

Thread: aftermarket audio upgrade