Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Guilderland, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please note that the entire currently planned deployment of Superchargers will still make it impossible to go west from Upstate NY in midwinter without going through Canada; you can't get from Buffalo to Cleveland on a full charge with the mileage you get in midwinter.

I'll disagree with this. I've driven several 200 mile legs in the winter (temps in the teens) on rolling terrain. I couldn't drive 70mph, though. Unpacked snow/slush on the road would be the killer and make the trip undoable--which I recognize can be pretty common.

Last edited:
I've been doing as much leg work as possible to try and turn up something. Colonie Center is highly suspect as a lot of positive growth is going into that area. I emailed the local paper (The Times Union) and haven't heard anything back.

I'm going to drive around Colonie Center and look for any staged materials and call Colonie's Building Dept Monday.

Has this supercharger been discovered yet? I believe its either under construction or at least has a permit. It appears to be on the map at Hawthorne.

83d6.jpg

On the agenda for the Albany County Planning Board's December meeting was consideration of a site plan for 6 Tesla superchargers at the Colonie Center. The minutes of the meeting are not online yet, so I do not know any more details.

The minutes are online now: http://www.albanycounty.com/Libraries/Executive_Orders/Minutes_ACPB_12-19-2013_1.sflb.ashx

The 6 stall location was proposed for 15 Wolf Road, Colonie Center Mall Parking Lot, along the main Colonie Center Drive

The result was "Defer to local consideration and approve as is"

Anyone in the area able to check out the location?

I see a lot more 'now active' dots in NJ than actual live superchargers...

No. The Hawthorne map is not accurate. Those two dots are JFK airport and Syosset NY. Above that are in darian and Milford Connecticut and above that is Rhode Island.
There are no superchargers in NJ yet. There is zoning approved in Edison but I just check Menlo Park Mall on Friday and it's not even under construction yet. No crates either. I believe they still need to get electrical permits before they can start. That has not happened yet.

usezurez.jpg

hello EV friends!

I'm charging in Albany right now (CS90 at Best Western). I'm arriving from Montreal and before the sunset, I decided to take a look at Colonie Center to see if there was any construction work going on.

By the way ... I'm heading for FLORIDA!! Any Tesla Owners in my path want to meet me at a nearby SuperCharger??

Unfortunately, NOTHING ... and I went through the entire perimeter ... :frown:

Sorry ... I hoped I would bring good news ...

Colonie-Center-Albany1.jpg

Colonie-Center-Albany2.jpg

I'm in North-Carolina right now ... will arrive in Florida tonight!

I'm heading to Singer Island (Riviera Beach) ... East side

Sarasota is on the Westside right? Maybe we could meet on the westside Supercharger monday?
Notice my signature, I don't have mine yet. My Leaf won't make it to Ft Myers. If you need some juice around Sarastoa I have a J1772 in the garage and a 6-50 plug ( my 6-50 adapter for the UMC is due to arrive Tuesday.)

Notice my signature, I don't have mine yet. My Leaf won't make it to Ft Myers. If you need some juice around Sarastoa I have a J1772 in the garage and a 6-50 plug ( my 6-50 adapter for the UMC is due to arrive Tuesday.)

I will try to come over to meet you ... will confirm you later, depending on my schedule ... I have to head back to Canada by tuesday morning.

When do you expect to get delivery of your MS?