Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY EZpass - Internal Green pass tag

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I signed into my ez pass account and summited an inquiry asking to have the GREEN plan codes added to my account with the registration of my Model Y attached. A week later they added the NYGREEN & PAGREEN plan codes to my account

The car license plate is registered as a Model 3 because Y is not an option
You could do this without sending a letter? I sent a letter as instructed. I got one internal green tag and an external tag?!? (For a Prius)

Why would they send me an external tag and an internal tag?

You could do this without sending a letter? I sent a letter as instructed. I got one internal green tag and an external tag?!? (For a Prius)

Why would they send me an external tag and an internal tag?
I received an external tag about a week after they responded to my inquiry and added the green plans to my account. Both tags show up in my account. The new exterior tag is now on my front license plate, will update if I start seeing the discounts when I go through a few tolls.

Reactions: with_raiden
The Green plans only apply on the Throughway and Interstates. None apply in a. the NYC metro area managed by Port Authority Bridges/Tunnels. b. in your local State (NYS, PA, MA, NJ, CT tags used only in their home states register the green plan discounts in their own states and use the normal rates out of state anywhere EZPass network operates).

The reason the service center sends two tags or proceeds to send the external tag after the interior tag that works fine on Model 3s/Ys is simple due to their ignorance and outdated process (regardless of how many clients tried to help them update things since 2017).

Within spec for EZPass.

The Green plans only apply on the Throughway and Interstates. None apply in a. the NYC metro area managed by Port Authority Bridges/Tunnels. b. in your local State (NYS, PA, MA, NJ, CT tags used only in their home states register the green plan discounts in their own states and use the normal rates out of state anywhere EZPass network operates).

The reason the service center sends two tags or proceeds to send the external tag after the interior tag that works fine on Model 3s/Ys is simple due to their ignorance and outdated process (regardless of how many clients tried to help them update things since 2017).

Within spec for EZPass.

Is The Major Deegan (I-87) part of that Throughway and Interstate?

Do we need to use the external tag or is the plan code applied to all tags on the account?

Is The Major Deegan (I-87) part of that Throughway and Interstate?

Do we need to use the external tag or is the plan code applied to all tags on the account?
First question - I believe so, yes, at least north of the concrete jungle mess of a city.

Second question - yes, so long as the small tag is not a Port Authority/Bridges Tunnels tag.

All things your friendly EZPass helpdesk can answer.

Nope. I tried. They sent me the external tag. I appealed, they replied and told me I had to use the external only.
I cancelled my ezpass over their stupidity.

Reopened in NJ; no problem getting the green plan assigned to my internal tag at all.
Just called and they said external only. I considered the NJ plan, but if I'm not mistaken, NJ has a $1/month fee, NY doesn't have a fee. I'm not regularly on NJ toll roads, most of my toll activity is crossing the Hudson.
Just wondering, if I have a NY EV tag, will I get a discount when using other states' tolls