Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY legislation to block Tesla direct sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still don't understand how this broke down into a political discussion about dealerships (that has been discussed at great length since last year).

My goal was to reach the local NY folks have have them contact their representatives. Has anyone done that? After all, my request was "Let's help Hulk Smash". I was joking about the Hulk part. I wasn't joking that I was asking TMC people to get directly involved.

I contacted the legislative members listed and just found out the bill has been pulled! They indicated that they didn't want it to damage interested parties, such as Tesla Motors. May be another friend on the forum can validate this news for us. It would be great if the bill, or one like it is simply not brought up again.

Repost from the OP:

Mark Ruffalo (@Mruff221)
2/25/14, 11:30 AM
Join Me Oppose AB7844A- Let Tesla Sell direct in NY-Call 518-455-4100 tell Assembly members Sweeney, Paulin, Lentol – EV’s are good for NY

I still don't understand how this broke down into a political discussion about dealerships (that has been discussed at great length since last year).

My goal was to reach the local NY folks have have them contact their representatives. Has anyone done that? After all, my request was "Let's help Hulk Smash". I was joking about the Hulk part. I wasn't joking that I was asking TMC people to get directly involved.

You don't understand how a thread got off-topic?

Are you new here?

:) :)

Okay, how about we actually get back on topic, then?

LOL! Actually, feel free to let loose. (Within reason so as not to burden moderators). As far as I am concerned, if what Electric700 said is true, the bill was pulled, so the goal of my original post, and hence this discussion, is now officially over.

Please resume casual banter and your discussions of dealers.

:)

I contacted the legislative members listed and just found out the bill has been pulled! They indicated that they didn't want it to damage interested parties, such as Tesla Motors. May be another friend on the forum can validate this news for us. It would be great if the bill, or one like it is simply not brought up again.

That is the part that has me confused. I know this bill was pulled in 2013. So did it resurface in 2014? Did it get pulled again? There is very little information and Tesla usually posts these things on their twitter. Can anyone clear up what is going on?

That is the part that has me confused. I know this bill was pulled in 2013. So did it resurface in 2014? Did it get pulled again? There is very little information and Tesla usually posts these things on their twitter. Can anyone clear up what is going on?

Yes, I remember it expiring last year. I just sent tweet to Tesla Motors to ask them if NY was trying again. I will update if they reply back.

How is this different from a bribe again? Or a mob tactic?

It isn't. The folks in Brooklyn, Queens, and Long Island LOVED John Gotti. To the point that they simply would not believe he ever did anything wrong.
Bottom line: The politicians in question are bought and paid for by the dealers association. Cuomo is going to sign the bill because his masters have ordered him to sign it. Public action that threatens him more than losing the bribe money he takes is all that will work.

> The folks in Brooklyn, Queens, and Long Island LOVED John Gotti. [Al Sherman]

Better to replace "The" with "Certain". I was one and there was definitely NO love on my part.
--

LOL. Fair enough. Didn't know you were a New Yorker. I agree that "The" is probably the wrong word. " Certain" has many implications which I wont explore. I will accept a revision to "Many." Or even "Most."