Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY - LI Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MYP from Smithtown SC. Other than having to get my alignment done the day after delivery. Car was pretty much in great shape. They apparently also “inspect” the car prior to allowing delivery. I know some people have dealt with getting cars that have been inspected and they were awful not from Smithtown specifically but other SCs. Overall I’m still very happy with the car. The ride quality is very good in my opinion especially with being on the 21” rims. Got the car all tinted up and ppf’d the entire front end.
Any recommendations for PPF installer on LI?

*Tinting motors xpel famringdale ——$3,950

2150 Ppf hood fenders bumper mirror

1200 2 layer Ceramic coat wheels glass plastics

600 Tint xpel plus all windows

*Xclusive auto massapequa

1900 stek Bumper hood fenders headlights mirrors

1495 2 coats 5 year Cqaurtz

*631 coating—-3500 total

2000 ppf hood bumper headlights

5 year ceramic 1500

*Only visionz deer park——-$2700/$750 tints

1800 stekfull bumper hood fenders headlights mirrors

899 2 year 1 layer ceramic coat with paint correction prep

Ceramic tints all side windows 475

Ceramic windshield 275

*I wrapny hauppage ———$2,900 total

1900 stek full bumper hood fenders headlights mirror

Includes paint correction in price

Rear door bottom 200 addition

3 year 600 1 layer

5 year 1000 2 layer 3M ceramic all windows ppf plastics and wheels

3 days hand cut film

*Supreme shine bohemia ——3,747 total

1750 stek full bumper hood headlights

Includes pre clean paint protection $400

5 year ceramic 850

Ceramic tint 850

*Top edge tint ppf smithtown

1800 full ppf hood lights fenders mirrors

1000 3-5 ceramic xpel no rims no windows

350 windshield tint front windows

525 full tint all windows ceramic film

3 days

This was what I compiled after doing research back in April of this year upon placing the order for the MYP.

I ended up going with Supreme Shine. Dealt with AJ who was fantastic to work with. Kept me updated with the car and sent me photos daily. They had the car for roughly 3 days.

I think all the above listed shops are reputable. However, AJ ended up being highly recommended and has probably one of the best tinters working at his shop for frameless windows.

Picking mine up Sept 1st at the Smithtown location. Originally was for August 25th but they noticed a crack on the roof glass so they are waiting for a replacement. Quite observant of them I thought. Hopefully there is not another issue with the vehicle.

For PPF quotes this is what I got, accurate as of 8/11. Full front end consists of bumper, hood, fenders, and side mirrors.

Tinting Motors:
Full front end- $2150
Whole Car- $5500

631 Coatings:
Full Front End- $2900
Whole car- $6,500

Xclusive Autoworks:
Full Front End- $2100
Whole Car- $6200

Tintmax Automotive:
Full Front End- $2300
Whole Car- $4800

Last edited:
Hi guys,

My EDD is coming up. I originally picked Brooklyn as the pick up location but now I'm beginning to second guess since I read some horrible reviews on Google. What are your experiences at delivery? Which locations would you recommend?
I picked mine up from Brooklyn, no issues professional and friendly staff during my encounter. I guess like anything depends on which employee you encounter. Guy who took me to my car was friendly and informative

Reactions: origingalatic
For those who haven't take delivery yet, are you
I picked mine up from Brooklyn, no issues professional and friendly staff during my encounter. I guess like anything depends on which employee you encounter. Guy who took me to my car was friendly and informative
Appreciate it... getting anxious. Check the app today and they literally push my date back by 6 days.... my hopes are not high.

was in the other day and someone asked about test ride, they were told there were no cars available for test drives

Yea you're right, I put in a Suffolk County Zip Code, and the only options I see in the drop down for a test drive are in NJ.

1661891019711.png

This was what I compiled after doing research back in April of this year upon placing the order for the MYP.

I ended up going with Supreme Shine. Dealt with AJ who was fantastic to work with. Kept me updated with the car and sent me photos daily. They had the car for roughly 3 days.

I think all the above listed shops are reputable. However, AJ ended up being highly recommended and has probably one of the best tinters working at his shop for frameless windows.

This is great information, thank you!

Nice! White is one of my favorites. How was your delivery experience? Did you wait long for assistance?
No waiting, I believe the delivery times are set so to mitigate any wait times. It was pretty straightforward, paperwork was no more than 5 minutes. The walkthrough of the vehicle was another 10 minutes which consisted of showing you the basics of using the vehicle, creating your driver profile, and connecting your key card to your app. About 15 minutes in total.

The rest is up to you, I spent about 20 minutes familiarizing myself with the infotainment system in the parking lot and another 10 minutes driving around the lot getting used to it which they recommend.

Last edited:
No waiting, I believe the delivery times are set so to mitigate any wait times. It was pretty straightforward, paperwork was no more than 5 minutes. The walkthrough of the vehicle was another 10 minutes which consisted of showing you the basics of using the vehicle, creating your driver profile, and connecting your key card to your app. About 15 minutes in total.

The rest is up to you, I spent about 20 minutes familiarizing myself with the infotainment system in the parking lot and another 10 minutes driving around the lot getting used to it which they recommend.
Did you check for and find any imperfections? Did it come with a mobile connector? It’s a beautiful car, seeing it again. ;)