Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY - LI Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m picking up in smithtown this week black on black MYP. Looking forward to it.
We will be twins!

Just a teaser!

IMG_20220808_165347_526.jpg

My window was just pushed out to Dec 2022-March 2023. that sucks! lol
I just checked the app and my date moved up 4th time! UGH!! Now it shows Nov 17-Dec 29th. If this new bill gets passed, I was told 2024 and not 2023 it will take effect. I don't know what is going on. But if this date does not move again, then I will see if I can do the 1 time delay for 30 days which would bring me to January. We will see!
3rd time was Nov 27-Jan 22, 2023..
2nd time Dec 2022 - March 2023
1st time October - December 2023

Oh behave! Which mud flaps did you go with? I like

I picked up the teslarati ones along with the 3D floor mats.

The mud flaps were super easy to install. It took me probably less than 10 mins as soon. You basically need a flat head screwdriver and a 13mm I think rachet for the rears. Excellent fitment.

Also note that the car didn't come with the rear quartet ppf amd it came with summer tires.

Reactions: MYinmyfuture
I picked up the teslarati ones along with the 3D floor mats.

The mud flaps were super easy to install. It took me probably less than 10 mins as soon. You basically need a flat head screwdriver and a 13mm I think rachet for the rears. Excellent fitment.

Also note that the car didn't come with the rear quartet ppf amd it came with summer tires.
did you get a MY or Long Range and was the J1772 adapter included?

Accepted delivery today. Car is really awesome. Rear trunk hatch has some noticeable gap to it however I’m not going to have it messed with. It’s acceptable for me. Car came somewhat clean. It did rain an hour prior to pickup so that could be the reason why-little upsetting but not a deal breaker either.

Otherwise the front license plate was horrible aligned so when I got home I just removed it and will keep it off since I’ll be getting the front end wrapped. There was a little chalked out circle mark on the corner of the cars front bumper. Figuring it could’ve been a scratch or something because even after staring at it thoroughly I couldn’t find anything there.

Nesconset location looks like it’s a nice facility. I came a bit early and waited by the sign that states “delivery check in” didn’t get approached for probably 5-7 minutes. Decided to go on outside and find my car to do a little exterior inspection. After 10 minutes or so it was a couple minutes after my 11:30 scheduled appointment. Walked back inside and still no one. Now people were beginning to line up and still no one. Waited probably another 10-15 minutes until someone finally came up from the “back”. Paid my down payment and handed the check over.

Car came juiced with 90% SOC. Interior was clean, screen protector from factory was removed (sadly). I did notice as I was driving that the steering wheel seems to be off. When I try to keep the wheel straight it goes to the left. Don’t think I’ll say anything about that either.

Seats are very comfortable and ride is good for being on 21 inch rims and low pros. I love it.

Got my baby today, ride was pretty good on the 21s came with the michelins. I was a bit worried about the regen braking but I like it very easy to get used to (never had a ev or tesla before never even test drove one so was worried about the ride/regen aggressiveness but it was all nice and easy) build quality seems good overall but they left some plastic wrap around the rear part of the interior sunroof and little ripped of pieces around the outside black window trim (nbd picked it off myself but not a bmw/benz pickup experience lol) Overall very happy with the car and the power is pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_8296.jpg
    IMG_8296.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 41
They do have a model y performance out front. When I was there to pick up my car a couple of weeks ago they told someone they could look at the car but they weren’t allowing test drives.
Thanks. I called because the site was not showing the Smithtown location. I finally got thru this morning and was told they do not allow test drives.

Do you buy without test driving and return it if you don’t like it? I assume there’s no showroom either and the car out front (if its there) is the only option?

Thanks again.

I was there on the 11th. They only had a blue model 3 inside. No other cars in the showroom and a black model y performance with Pirelli tires by the front doors outside. Not sure what the deal is but a year ago I test drove a regular model y long range (they had no performance models then). Prior to purchasing the performance I did not get a test drive in that specific kind of model but did get somewhat of a taste with the long range version.

I got my MYP from Smithtown SC. Other than having to get my alignment done the day after delivery. Car was pretty much in great shape. They apparently also “inspect” the car prior to allowing delivery. I know some people have dealt with getting cars that have been inspected and they were awful not from Smithtown specifically but other SCs. Overall I’m still very happy with the car. The ride quality is very good in my opinion especially with being on the 21” rims. Got the car all tinted up and ppf’d the entire front end.

Reactions: origingalatic
Hi guys,

My EDD is coming up. I originally picked Brooklyn as the pick up location but now I'm beginning to second guess since I read some horrible reviews on Google. What are your experiences at delivery? Which locations would you recommend?
I have not taken order yet but my limited experience says Manhasset may be a good location. I called Smithtown, left a message and email and got no response. I visited Smithtown and it appeared very busy. Manhasset is small and did not seem as busy but were responsive, they answered the phone and responded to my email.

Reactions: origingalatic
I got my MYP from Smithtown SC. Other than having to get my alignment done the day after delivery. Car was pretty much in great shape. They apparently also “inspect” the car prior to allowing delivery. I know some people have dealt with getting cars that have been inspected and they were awful not from Smithtown specifically but other SCs. Overall I’m still very happy with the car. The ride quality is very good in my opinion especially with being on the 21” rims. Got the car all tinted up and ppf’d the entire front end.
What tires are those? Looks good!