Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY/NJ Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@netjack - can you see the ones that are there to see if you find yours? Supposedly mine is there too. They are saying it is going to take almost 2 weeks to get it from Brooklyn to Springfield. Also if they keep you there around lunch or dinner time, and like BBQ, you have to go to Hometown BBQ. Just down the street from you. Place is awesome.

Wanted to check in with @Trevor B @AmpRage and @mnevar here. You guys still waiting for cars?

I saw in one of the other threads that it’s better to pick up at a delivery center rather than home deliver if you want the app to be active right away. Is there a list of NJ delivery centers somewhere? Trying to figure out how far I would have to go/where to call to try to get a sense of current inventory.

Yep, still waiting.

Yep, still waiting.
Also still waiting. Got the end of month car available texts (my first contact with Tesla) but pointed out that the financing link would not let me apply for Tesla financing.

Last week I visited the Cherry Hill SC, they suggested I do financing and they could find a car. As they suggested I e-mailed Tesla financing; then received my first phone call ever from my "IDA" who said DON'T apply for financing as he had no idea when I would get a car. The financing option still won't let me apply, it says Tesla will contact me when closer to delivery. These mixed messages are very very frustrating...

@netjack - can you see the ones that are there to see if you find yours? Supposedly mine is there too. They are saying it is going to take almost 2 weeks to get it from Brooklyn to Springfield. Also if they keep you there around lunch or dinner time, and like BBQ, you have to go to Hometown BBQ. Just down the street from you. Place is awesome.
Did you ask if you can pick up directly in Brooklyn?

@lensovet
Did you ask if you can pick up directly in Brooklyn?

No I have not asked if I could pick up in Brooklyn. ISA said he was working on resolving the issue. Figured I would give him a day before I start trying to work around him. Also was not sure if NJ tax exemption would be done if I pick up in NY. Not sure if tax is collected based on my residence or place of purchase. And if I find anything that needs re-work it would mean multiple trips to Brooklyn. Would just be easier if I could do it all my SC.

@lensovet

No I have not asked if I could pick up in Brooklyn. ISA said he was working on resolving the issue. Figured I would give him a day before I start trying to work around him. Also was not sure if NJ tax exemption would be done if I pick up in NY. Not sure if tax is collected based on my residence or place of purchase. And if I find anything that needs re-work it would mean multiple trips to Brooklyn. Would just be easier if I could do it all my SC.
I don’t think anything requires you to service the car at the same place you picked it up. So you could pick up in Brooklyn then service at your nearest/least busy SC.

Reactions: neroden
Just to clarify, I've gotten zero communication from Tesla about my car and I ordered from my dad's account (he owns an X).

So I'm picking up in BK because it's a quick train ride for me (I live in JC). I doubt the car is there or they'd have let me know. I know with 100% certainty that I won't be paying tax just because I'm picking up there. Tax is paid in the state you register.

Just to clarify, I've gotten zero communication from Tesla about my car and I ordered from my dad's account (he owns an X).

So I'm picking up in BK because it's a quick train ride for me (I live in JC). I doubt the car is there or they'd have let me know. I know with 100% certainty that I won't be paying tax just because I'm picking up there. Tax is paid in the state you register.

Ah - My mistake, I read your post as that you were at the Brooklyn SC waiting for your appt. I am still waiting to hear back from my SA to see if there really is a car in Brooklyn. Unlike with other cars, you cannot search based on VIN to find the car at a dealership. So I am depending on SA for any info.

Just got ISA email/text today. Car will be ready for pick up 10/25. VIN 94,xxx. I went to the Tesla dealership in Springfield and they gave me my VIN and pinged the car. It is in Illinois. Expected arrival at dealer on 10/22. Finally.

OK, just today I was enabled to do Tesla financing. That's done, now the web page says I must have the M3 listed on my insurance before delivery. How am I supposed to do that before getting a VIN?

I don't understand why Tesla says all but 13 states require this when I've never had to do it before, just show proof of insurance. I bought my last two cars in PA, Last time the dealer just copied my insurance card.

I know this has been discussed in other posts, but I'm curious what everyone here had to do.

OK, just today I was enabled to do Tesla financing. That's done, now the web page says I must have the M3 listed on my insurance before delivery. How am I supposed to do that before getting a VIN?

I don't understand why Tesla says all but 13 states require this when I've never had to do it before, just show proof of insurance. I bought my last two cars in PA, Last time the dealer just copied my insurance card.

I know this has been discussed in other posts, but I'm curious what everyone here had to do.
Never mind...

I heard from my DA today with VIN and delivery date. Since I have a VIN insurance issuance is not a problem; already handled with my agent.

VIN: 10539x
Delivery: 5-Nov