Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY/NJ Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was told today my car is expected to arrive on 11/19. They said they will need to first inspect and detail the car before they can schedule pickup or delivery. Asked if I could pickup same day it comes in but I don't know how long they usually take to turn them around. I am without a vehicle right now as I did a pre-trade in to avoid making another payment on my old car for a week or two of use.

Dude, I get it. I moved recently to the burbs, and have been borrowing a friend's 2002 Hyundai Elantra. Pretty baller, I know. Yeah, temporary transportation blows, but just imagine the _magnitude_ of improvement upon delivery. Good luck!

Buffalo, NY here. We don't have any "within reason" SCs close to us. Cleveland is where i did my test drive.

I have placed my order:

10/26
MR RWD, Black/Black, Aero, EAP (Been trying to change to a LR)

No movement on the site yet, but that's expected.

I did however have my OA locate a LR RWD, Red, Black, Aero, EAP... he said it's "pinging from california" but destined for Mt Kisco. He however said "I am not sure it would be able to get to NY before the end of the year" --- That seems odd as they have said that my MR would have no problem getting there and it's not even built? Does this make sense?

I called the 888 number today, but the guy was no help as he did have access to Inventory or any logistics information. He did however say that he checked my order and it's setup to go to Cleveland?!? I thought as a NY resident i would have to take delivery from a NY SC. If nothing more than to get the full $2000 NYS tax credit. He said that it's only required that you REGISTER the car in NYS, not take delivery? Anyone with any ideas on this?

Jim

When I originally ordered/configured my M3, the $2,000 NYS tax credit automatically was deducted at that time. When I go to my account page and look at "Payment Method" the $2k is listed as "EV Incentives". I will be picking up at Mt. Kisco.

Time for me to post an update here!

Had an appointment scheduled for Saturday (11/24) at 11.30 at Springfield. Showed up a little early because I was coming from the city on the train (financed with Bethpage CU @ 2.74% for 60 months). Checked and walked around a bit. While waiting saw a car that had "9 am appt" in the windshield worked on by two guys who were trying to sand away what I presume were paint imperfections on the hood. Went back into the waiting area and saw one or two families that were clearly unhappy. At 11.45 my DS showed up (later was told his name is Franco, not the same person who emailed me the night before confirming the appointment) and said paperwork is almost ready. At 12 we went out the car. Since I was familiar with the car from friends he just did the orientation with the cards and that was all. Car showed up in the app minutes later.

No one took my check. Because I read this on the forums and told my girlfriend about it, she asked me if someone took it and that's when I realized. Gave them the check. Franco said that that day Springfield was the busiest delivery center in the country apart from Fremont. Told me I got the best AWD car on the market — even though I got the LR RWD lol.

As far as the car itself is concerned…October build, no significant issues. Yes some of the weather seals were "dirty" (blizzard and rain took care of that). The dash for whatever reason was just filthy dusty but a simple wipe with a microfiber cloth (that I asked for while still at the delivery center) took care of that. No scratches that I could see on delivery, though I did discover a small one a day later…but was in Ohio at that point and honestly cannot even say if it was there on delivery.

One thing that I was mildly bothered by was that the frontline people have clearly been trained to be a firewall. E.g. I asked where to report the 72 hour issues and was told there is no address or email, just make an appointment (contrary to what DS told me, but he was now in a back room and I had no way to get a hold of him). When I asked about the die cast car I got completely blank stares. Then they said let us check with your DS (not sure to me why that would be), took some time and came back saying they didn't have any left.

AWD MSM Model 3 with PEP and no EAP. Ordered 11/10....VIN assigned 11/11...emailed home delivery date on 11/15 for a 12/5 delivery between...

...no contact at all except an email yesterday confirming delivery and that insurance, payment, persons need to be home for this to work...

...this evening- "Your car will maybe be delayed 2 weeks. If there's another model on the lot tomorrow, that's the same, we can inspect, detail the car, change the VIN and maybe deliver it tomorrow for you at the scheduled time."

I have no problem accepting a delayed car, but some communication would have been nice- especially since it's two weeks delayed, not a day or two for an unexpected issue...

...after taking off work, jumping through hoops on our end- to facilitate the strange non-human process of this delivery is unacceptable.

Between, the insurance, $60,000.00 in payments to Tesla and general rescheduling of life for this home delivery tomorrow, it is unacceptable to be kept in the dark until 18 hours before delivery.

Okay, rant over. Thanks, JD

• Informative
Reactions: lensovet
Took delivery of LR M3 today via enclosed truck in upstate NY. Not much communication beforehand. Only complaint is that the car wont show up in the app so I have to use the key card for driving. I have read that it can take several days for them to process your car as having been delivered and until that happens, you cant use the app and cannot use a supercharger (per one fellow's post). I'm not taking any trips in the near future but it would suck to get stranded. No where was I told that I cant supercharge for several days after delivery.

Guess that's one disadvantage of living in the boonies and taking delivery at home vs. going to Mt Kisco.

AWD MSM Model 3 with PEP and no EAP. Ordered 11/10....VIN assigned 11/11...emailed home delivery date on 11/15 for a 12/5 delivery between...

Mt. Kisco Service Center Redeemed! -my first post here was a complaint and I don't like to normally do that...SO...here's an update...

Mt. Kisco called me the next afternoon (the originally scheduled delivery day) and said they had a different VIN, same car, ready for delivery at my house...unfortunately I was unavailable for a pick up, so they offered to pay for my Uber the next day- first thing in the Morning if I preferred that.

I was there before sales opened and out the door within an hour with a new Model 3, plates, detailed, and Arianna at Mr. Kisco Tesla knocked it out of the park. No muss, no fuss. I apologize for my rant and give credit to the folks at Mt. Kisco for putting out fires all day long from customers.

Yes, the communication wasn't good, but the car was ready, looked great, and the staff and Mt. Kisco was fantastic.

Incredible car, most definitely the future of all things automotive.

-JD

Reactions: NJ Plugin