Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY/NJ Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not seeing much activity here but from reading some of the other posts it looks like people have already taken delivery in the region.

is anyone still waiting? hoping to see some of the production and logistics hell be resolved before i pull the trigger as i'm in no rush to get the car.

8/9/16 res
6/27 order
Blue/Black AWD, 19”, EAP/FSD

Had a 9/27 delivery date, which I didn’t know about because they had the wrong email address associated with my file

Figured out the issue, had a 9/29 home delivery schedule, was cancelled

Now have a 10/3 delivery, but according to multiple employees the delivery date doesn’t mean jack unless there’s already a car there.

I’m on Long Island, Manhasset is my closest store

8/9/16 res
6/27 order
Blue/Black AWD, 19”, EAP/FSD

Had a 9/27 delivery date, which I didn’t know about because they had the wrong email address associated with my file

Figured out the issue, had a 9/29 home delivery schedule, was cancelled

Now have a 10/3 delivery, but according to multiple employees the delivery date doesn’t mean jack unless there’s already a car there.

I’m on Long Island, Manhasset is my closest store
Is your 10/3 date SC or home delivery? Have you been nagging them or just sitting tight until the date? How’s your IDA communication?

Just had changes on my Tesla acct page. Next Steps went from "Order" to "Prepare for delivery"!

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Who must be present at delivery?

All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery. If you are trading in a vehicle, the registered owner must also be present.

What do I need to bring with me to delivery?

• Your driver's license (for all registrants)
  • Copy of your current auto insurance (or proof of Tesla policy, if required)
  • Final payment (if you are picking up your vehicle in a Tesla sales licensed state)

Picking up in Springfield, NJ Wed morning. Was contacted a couple weeks ago by someone in NV about verifying some info, but could not get a delievery date assigned. I kept emailing him and told him today I'd be willing to switch from Red to Blue/White interior AWD and 20 mins later got a call that they have a car in Springfield for me Vin 97XXXX - hoping that since the car is confirmed to be there and I have a VIN I won't get rescheduled.

Reserve 07/2017
Order placed 6/27/18

Reactions: webdbbt
Picking up in Springfield, NJ Wed morning. Was contacted a couple weeks ago by someone in NV about verifying some info, but could not get a delievery date assigned. I kept emailing him and told him today I'd be willing to switch from Red to Blue/White interior AWD and 20 mins later got a call that they have a car in Springfield for me Vin 97XXXX - hoping that since the car is confirmed to be there and I have a VIN I won't get rescheduled.

Reserve 07/2017
Order placed 6/27/18

So wound up calling and was able to pick up a day early, went to Springfield Tuesday afternoon and it was empty, just me waiting in the delievery area. Waited a few minutes then signed the paperwork, 15 mins later they brought the car around for inspection. Said I had 72 hours to report any issues as I was too excited to really go through the car. I did notice some light scratching below the front passenger door handle and when I washed it I noticed that some water got behind the drivers window as the window does't fully sit flush, there is a gap between the window and the pillar with just the seal exposed. Other than that the car is phenomonal!

If you haven't gotten your car yet keep bugging Tesla, it is tough reading about everyone else getting their car on here but it is worth the wait and once you have it you'll forget about the stress of waiting for it.

Reactions: webdbbt
I posted this at another thread but my AWD white M3 arrived on Main St in my little town of Sodus, NY ON 10/1 with a horrible delivery experience. The driver as expected knee absolutely nothing (hey, they just taught me how to drive the car off my truck). No license plates installed. No screws and no screw driver anyway. So an abandoned filthy brand new car left on the side of the road. But I got it!

Wanted to check in with @Trevor B @AmpRage and @mnevar here. You guys still waiting for cars?

I saw in one of the other threads that it’s better to pick up at a delivery center rather than home deliver if you want the app to be active right away. Is there a list of NJ delivery centers somewhere? Trying to figure out how far I would have to go/where to call to try to get a sense of current inventory.