Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY Times Articles on Model S 12/23/12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the links!

In the "NYT: A Growing-Up Year for Plug-Ins" (non-mobile link) article you linked to, this line irks me: "Tesla was not the only company that failed to meet E.V. sales goals in 2012. Nissan struggled to find customers for its all-electric Leaf compact." That's very misleading, IMHO, since it's really Tesla's original production goals they missed; Tesla, unlike Nissan, isn't having any problem finding customers! There's no way to comment below the story, though.

I did comment on the other NYT third NYT article you linked to, though--"NYT: Tesla Begins East Coast Fast-C" (non-mobile link)--in response to the comment there. Someone asked what you do once you get to DC/Boston. Duh, you have other charging options there--you're not stuck with no charging once you're at your destination! ;-)

(Edited to clarify Tesla in first paragraph.)

Sounds like your comment and mine will be redundant, @kendallpb. Agreed re the first article, and the annoying lack of a comment field. There's a major difference between "we can't make them fast enough!" and "we can't find enough customers".

Lol.. when I read that story yesterday, I totally spent time trying to find a way to comment. Finally I just e-mailed the ombudsman, where I fully expect it to get circular filed :)

Seriously though, implying that Tesla is having a problem with sales is just nonfactual.