Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY Waiting Room (June 2021 orders)

Terpslax

Jul 18, 2021
Long Island
VIN assigned this morning (266xxx). EDD 09/23-09/27. Hope you guys and gals receive yours soon!
Take a good look at it. My VIN is 263XXX and I got it 4 weeks ago. The car you are getting was produced about 3 days after mine. My guess is someone rejected that car.

Be careful, hoping for the best for you!

Micro517

Aug 25, 2021
Brooklyn
Take a good look at it. My VIN is 263XXX and I got it 4 weeks ago. The car you are getting was produced about 3 days after mine. My guess is someone rejected that car.

Be careful, hoping for the best for you!
Thanks for the advice. Other than going over it with a fine toothed comb, anything else I can do to vet it? Would the SA provide any information about why it was rejected, if that’s the case?

Terpslax

Jul 18, 2021
Long Island
Thanks for the advice. Other than going over it with a fine toothed comb, anything else I can do to vet it? Would the SA provide any information about why it was rejected, if that’s the case?
I found the SA’s unhelpful but it appears hit and miss. Couldn’t hurt to ask. It could be that someone decided to delay the car and nothing was wrong with it.

Some folks have posted a checklist that can be used. When I picked mine up they left me to inspect it as they were too busy the even show me anything. Hopefully it’s perfect.

Reactions: Micro517

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC