Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NYC Looks to Tesla to help solve subway mess

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mspohr

Jul 27, 2014
California
New York Governor Cuomo Called Tesla for Help With NYC Subway System

NYC subway closure canceled, Elon Musk's Boring Company tapped for ideas to improve other systems

“I called up Tesla, and I said, ‘Here’s the question: We’re trying to move subway cars, get them closer together. Do you have any ideas? You’re talking about flying cars; we’re just talking about moving trains,’” Cuomo explained.
Sadly, I think just a stupid publicity stunt by Cuomo. To make voters think he is working for them.
NYC has how many engineers on staff?
How many decades have suppliers been building trains? and how many engineers do they have?
Elon has no direct experience with these legacy systems and is plenty busy inventing/designing the future (doesn't need the distraction).

YOU should go to your own town council meetings AND if you can easily visit your state legislature, that could only help.
Better yet get together with people you know and split up the work load trying to keep down waste, fraud and abuse.

Cuomo was BSing. No way he was talking to Tesla.
As an L train rider I’m conflicted. He controls the MTA and has for the entire 3 year planning of this shutdown.. to jump in with this 3 months before it starts feels like a stunt.

While it’s lovely not to have a 15 month shutdown, it was to do a full overhaul that would likely get us 50 years of use.
The patch job he is now proposing is likely good for 10 years before we have to make the same decision again.
Maybe I’ll be in a different neighborhood by then..

I also can’t imagine this is cost efficient. I’m sure MTA is already locked into contracts for work that’s no longer being done, with staffing levels and equipment leases no longer needd.

• Love
Reactions: Brando
Sadly, I think just a stupid publicity stunt by Cuomo. To make voters think he is working for them.
NYC has how many engineers on staff?
How many decades have suppliers been building trains? and how many engineers do they have?
Elon has no direct experience with these legacy systems and is plenty busy inventing/designing the future (doesn't need the distraction).

YOU should go to your own town council meetings AND if you can easily visit your state legislature, that could only help.
Better yet get together with people you know and split up the work load trying to keep down waste, fraud and abuse.
Yes, it does strike me as a stunt. And, the problem is poor management and corruption. Even a brilliant technical solution won't be able to fix it. Musk would be wise to stay away.

• Love
Reactions: Brando