TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

NYC to Port St. Lucie via Supercharger -- total time required?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by HankLloydRight, Aug 7, 2014.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Jan 18, 2014
    I have a P85.. Has anyone done this stretch via SC?

How long does it take in overall time, including stops and overnights? 2 days? 3 days? This would be September, so moderate temps, no cold weather. Direct routing says it's 18.5 hours of driving. My experience says that adding SC time is about 1 to 4, so add that time in (about 5 hours), that's 24 hours straight through including charging. So I guess two solid days of driving? Any real-world experience?

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Cary, NC
    I'm going to say you can easily do it in two days. I've done NC to Miami in one day which took about 15 hours door to door stopping at 6 superchargers including Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie is probably about 2 hours from Miami, so you're looking at about 13 hours from the Rocky Mount SC. I was coming from the Raleigh area, but I think Rocky Mount to Lumberton is probably around the same as Raleigh to Lumberton. I think the trek from Rocky Mount to NYC is probably about the same distance as Rocky Mount to Port St. Lucie, so I think 2 days easy.